Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Hope you have recovered.
I am not sure there is a vacination against this
Each strain of the virus can be different.
Like the Flu shot by the time they make a vaccine there is another strain of the virus out there.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 11-11-2006, 12:53 PM

I don't know what Princess could have done to make the situation any better during the outbreak other than the usual disinfections they do when the outbreak happens. I do understand you being upset because you vacation was ruined. Did Princess offer any compensation? In your opinion, how many people were affected. You mention it was the worst trip ever on Princess. I can only assume that you've had other bad experiences with them before which is unfortunate because they normally keep their ships very clean.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Hi,
We wrote a letter to Princess on Monday, but no responce. I know it's still to soon and I am sure they are receiving many complaints. Well I asked and did not get an answer to how many from the medical unit. Only that our steward said he had never seen it so bad. When we would go to dinner, either in dining room or buffet, at least one one person at the table had a friend or family member ill. I think that is alot. We have had 4 trips with Princess and this is the first time it was bad. There were several things besides the illness that made it a bad trip. The service was not as good, the time boarding,disembarking at all ports was very unorganized and timely, other things as well. It could of been that I was so upset and ill that I just saw the negative in so much. All and all it is still a matter of being placed in an unhealthy inviorment.
Got to go to dinner. Thanks for caring.
Cindy
Old 11-11-2006, 04:40 PM

I can understand your frustation, BUT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE PUTTING THE FAULT ON PRINCESS????????????? Did you ever think it might be YOUR problem???????????? We were on the Island 9/11 to 9/18/06 in Alaska, though we did have people sick, from what we heard, we never had a problem. The virus basically is the FLU. When so many people are that close and don't go outside the FLU BUG will spread very quickly. Whenever you go to any of these ships you have to be very careful about personal hygiene. All cruise lines have this same problem, people are sssssssooosoooooooo quick to blame them. It's time for the passenger to start taking more responsibility for there own actions. The cruise lines do everything possible to curb this problem. We have been on other lines that treat this problem the same way. The must important thing is wash your hands frequently and use the disinfectant the ship has at ALL entrances to the SHIP,BUFFET OR DINING ROOM, LOUNGE/BAR. Just a note some people should learn how to spell instead of being sooooooooooooo quick to accuse.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:48 PM
You can always check the track record of the cruiselines on the Sanitation reports
http://wwwn.cdc.gov/vsp/InspectionQu...ionSearch.aspx
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/GIlist.htm
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 11-12-2006, 03:36 AM

I really interested to see how Princess responds to you letter (you should have had your TA send it as it carries more weight). There were only 109 pax sick on board who actually complained - possibly there might have been more but didn't say because they would have been confined to their room. Also there were 11 crew members who got sick. About average for a Norovirus outbreak. http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/out...nov5island.htm Although this was a serious problem, it doesn't seem to have affected all the pax as you implied. I'm positive Princess did all they could to see that these thing don't happen & they can't be blamed when it does. They've got a business to run & the last thing they need is more bad press from a situation like that. We've sailed a considerable number of cruises on Princess and other lines as well & their boarding, disembarking etc. are excellent in handling the large crowds. In many situations the disembarking is controlled my other factors - CDC, customs which they have no control over. Again, sorry to hear that you trip was ruined by the sickness & let us know the outcome from Princess.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:23 PM

To JC 49,
I type as I think, I dfo not go back and edit, why? I also have terrible arthritis in my hands, so if the spelling bothers you, OH WELL! I think that sometimes the posts are from peolple somehow affiliated with the cruiselines. I am a bit of a germaphobe. I am very clean, I know Ia m cleaner than most. So put that to bed. I am talking about the Princess knowing the virus was on board before we came on. Do you get it yet? I do spray the rooms with disinfectant when ever we travel, any room. Do you raelly think that bad press isn't sometime deserved if earned. To the person who knew the facts better, thank you. You know we asked and they would not say. I will check out the web sites.
Bad speller, good person
Cindy
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 PM

Haven't heard from Princess yet. I will post anything resolved, if resolved.
Cindy
Old 11-15-2006, 05:56 AM

nothing yet
Old 11-15-2006, 06:43 PM

not yet,still waiting

Closed Thread

Tags
island, reviews, rose