Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Hello,
We just returned from the worst trip ever with Princess. We took the 15 day to Hawaii. There was a virus on the boat the previous trip. The wait to start boarding was 2 hrs. This was due to the boat being disenfected. This is straight from thr crew members. Well my husband got so ill on the third day. He had to be given several IV due to dehidration. 22 hrs later I contracted it. I was so ill, I seriosly don't think that I have ever been that ill before. I was in a fetal position in bed for 26 hrs. They confined us to quarters for 3 days. We missed the fist island completely. For at least a week we just were not right, NO appetite at all. I just find it very irrisposible that the cruise line would just board people knowing that the virus was aboard. So many people got ill. The diner would not put salt and pepper on the tables, the buffet would not you you serve yourself. The crew was cleaning everything, too late. It was an epidemic now. What bothers me as well, when we got off a new boat load of innocent victims are putting themselfs at risk. When we returned we wrote an E-Mail to Princess. No reply, no surprize, they do not have are wellfair as a concern. Just a warning people.
Still Mad in Huntington Beach
Old 11-08-2006, 08:33 PM

SO sorry to hear that you & your husband got so ill. Do hope that you hear from Princess. If as many were sick as you say it may take time to get back to everyone.

For some time now prior to boarding the ship Princess has you sign a waiver stating that you have not been ill prior to embarkation.
Sadly, you can be fine & still contract this virus. Both pax & crew have been stricken with it.

Glad you were able to enjoy some of your cruise at least.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 AM

So sorry to hear as well. All cruise companies do their best to disinfect the ships continuously. I recently read there was an outbreak on Celebrity. I can understand your anger and do hope Princess will get back with you. I do hope you enjoyed the part of your cruise that you were not ill. Hopefully your next cruise will be the best!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:01 PM

One more reason to take every precaution you can, even if you have to disinfect your cabin yourself. Im so sorry to hear you had such a miserable time. Sounds to me like they better postpone a couple cruises to take time to REALLY clean the ship good.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:51 PM

Hi,
Yes I am still mad, I have taken many cruises and I did hear of a few ill, but this was OUT OF CONTROL! I think it will take some time before I think of doing another. I do beleive that it is the disregard for customers health that really makes me mad. Like the mother who sends a child to school with chicken pox. They put their needs first and oh well if someone else gets sick. Indeed they could of at least offered a vacination for a charge. The steward said he had one, so he wasn't worried. Gee how considerate of them. I am still venting.
Still mad, staying mad and not feeling forgiving for the money paid we were screwed and didn't enjoy it.
Ex cruiser
Old 11-09-2006, 06:56 PM

How sad that you exert so much into staying mad and angry. It accomplishes nothing. I am sorry you had a bad experience. However; I feel instead of making accusations that the cruise line only thinks of themselves; you should learn more about their responsibility to the CDC. A ship is required to report 2% or more of total crew and passengers that report gastrointestinal symptoms. This is much more stringent than any land based restaurant or resort. The CDC does an investigation and makes recommendations on preventing a recurrence. Based on the CDC investigation if the outbreak was serious enough the ship could be quarantined. If you would like to learn more go to www.cdc.gov
Old 11-09-2006, 09:01 PM

he he , people untill you have the painand dicomfort we did you can not understand. The facts are in international waters they have too much leway. We wre to disinbark in Ensenada and the Mexican authorties denied us. This is from the front desk. They gave me a line of it is not stopping because of time, untill I asked the right questions. Yes it had to be reported, oh boy. That doesn't change the fact they put me in a seriously dangerous inviorment. Did I mention my husband had a blood pressure of 80/60 and had to have 3 IV's. I could not move for 26 hours, only to wither in pain or run to restroom only not to make it. So please people until you go thru it don't leture.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:01 PM

Ckirk Sorry you wer sick. You are absolutely 100% correct to feel the way you do. They knew better. Vacation time is precious to me. I'm going on princes 1st of January and this makes me mad. If they would do it to you then they would do it to me.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Just curious
When should they notify you ...before you leave home for the cruise or before you board the ship?
Should you be able to cancel your cruise if there is an outbreak?

My DH was ill with a bug when we did the Baltic cruise knocked him out for 3 days ...many people had the cough but didn't see the doctor because they didn't have insurance or didn't want to be bothered.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 11-10-2006, 06:42 PM

Hi,
I would assume since they didn't know till it happened and so many people are ready to board,tey should be reqired to inform you before boarding. I do think at that time, if there is a vacination, it should be offered at a reasonible charge. I would be troublesome and very possibly some might cancel. This would be the decent and responsible thing to do. I think that it was more of a cost then letting people get sick and then dealing with the complaints later. We did not get charged for the doctor visits on board. This also shows the fact they did admit to compibilty to me. I do wish I had the ability to ask for cruise reform, or higher passenger pertection. I now understand a little better how the strange things you here about on cruises is swept under the rug by thr cruise lines. Until they are confronted it's speak no evil, see no evil.
Ex Cruiser

Closed Thread

Tags
island, reviews, rose