Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 06:56 PM

Check out this link from the BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4637240.stm

I can imagine the mutinous dialogue...

"I say old chap, we've agreed to stay on board and continue our rousing game of pinochle as a bit of a protest. No hard feelings! Oh- can you have a little go at my trouser cuffs before Tea? They're a tad dodgy!"

Edit: Moved to P&O Princess Cruises (Carnival plc) forum. RF
Old 01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Poor Commodore Warwick. First, his ship has unexpected mechanical difficulties, and now he has angry passengers demanding of his time.

I do feel for them. They paid for a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rio with three ports of call, and missed all three. Yet, a 50% refund is quite fair, IMO. I've been on ships that had to be diverted at the last minute for one reason or another, and never received, or expected, a partial refund beyond port charges.

A bit more than half of the passengers were traveling from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles -- I feel for them, as well, not only because of the three missed ports, but because of the mood created by the other pax (which I imagine are in the minority of those affected).
Old 01-23-2006, 01:24 PM

Yikes!

While I would not envy being on that ship right now, I have to question those people threatening to mutiny? Seems excessive. All cruiselines have fine print in which they do not guarantee any ports as listed - 50% rebate seems fair. The QM2 must be a beautiful ship with lots of amenities - I would imagine there should be plenty to do onboard?

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 PM

ABC New ran the story of the mutiny tonight on the national news. They said something to the effect that the cruise industry is suffering under the weight of its own success. 25% increase in passengers in the past 4 years has caused more problems and closer scrutiny of the cruise industry. They specifically mentioned the problems with people getting sick a few years ago and the guy getting murdered last year. And then talked about the problem with this ship.

Closed Thread