Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Can you tell me if it is better to book island excursions before we go or will we miss out if we wait till we are onboard? I have booked one excursion in St Thomas on a yacht for us but am thinking about other Ports and would love some advice. And also the spa on board, do I have to book that before we go or can I wait till we are onboard, as I don't want to miss out. What do you all do?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:01 AM

I would definitely book the spa in advance, especially if you're wanting to go during a day at sea. They fill up very quickly for the days at sea. If you wait until you are onboard, go to the spa immediately upon boarding to see if your desired day and time are still available.

As for shore excursions, again, if you know what you want, it's a good idea to book in advance. Check on the refund policy. Ships usually do reserve a number of places on the excursions for onboard booking, but again, it's first come, first served.

Sandy
Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Sandy is absolutely correct about booking ahead, both shore excursions and spa services. Some of the most popular shore excursions, especially the ones with limited participation, can be waitlisted months before sailing.

Same for the spa and salon. Many like to get hair and nails done on the sea days before formal night photos. Formal nights are usually the first full day at sea and the next to last night (on a 7 day cruise).

But you can get some pretty good deals on spa services onboard if you have a free morning or afternoon in port.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM

Thanks guys,
I'll get on it.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, book, booking, caribbean, costa, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, prebooking, prereservation, princess, royal, services, waitlisted