Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Trace,
you are very low in the ship and at least 170 feet from the bow; you should be just fine.
swimmersonboard,
my wife and I were last in cabin D612; great location.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:03 AM

OOOOOoooooooo YEA!!! You know it doesn't take much to make me excited! We were on the starboard side but there seem to be complaints about smell on that side so we asked to be moved to port side. Counting down now!! I am losing weight and dreaming of the SUN!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 01-13-2007, 05:50 AM

Thanks guys

Cyndi, I am really excited too!!! I just can't wait to get on that ship!!! This is my dream vacation!

Caribbean Resort Guide
Old 01-25-2007, 12:25 PM

We try to stay in the mid-ship sections. Beware on the Grand classes, the balconies are tiered and the folks above you can not only see into your balcony, they can drop things on you. For instance, we had a rather intoxicated fellow above us who was throwing beer cans into the ocean, or trying to anyway, we ended up being pelted a few times. Also any "snuggling" or whatever you choose to do, is open to public viewing. As far as choosing a side, we always try to get a side where we get to see the sunset on the way to our destination, usually starboard. By the time we start heading back it really doesn't matter because we are so tired.

Just recently, we had the pleasure of crossing the Panama canal and learned that you don't really want to be too close to the top deck. We were awakened early in the mornings by deck chairs being moved around and fell to sleep each night to joggers running above us. I didn't hear it, but my cabin mate was ill and said the music was rather loud when they were trying to get some rest.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:53 PM
alchemist;
interesting! I like sunrises on the way to the destination and sunsets on the way home.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by alchemist:
We try to stay in the mid-ship sections. Beware on the Grand classes, the balconies are tiered and the folks above you can not only see into your balcony, they can drop things on you. For instance, we had a rather intoxicated fellow above us who was throwing beer cans into the ocean, or trying to anyway, we ended up being pelted a few times. Also any "snuggling" or whatever you choose to do, is open to public viewing. As far as choosing a side, we always try to get a side where we get to see the sunset on the way to our destination, usually starboard. By the time we start heading back it really doesn't matter because we are so tired.

Just recently, we had the pleasure of crossing the Panama canal and learned that you don't really want to be too close to the top deck. We were awakened early in the mornings by deck chairs being moved around and fell to sleep each night to joggers running above us. I didn't hear it, but my cabin mate was ill and said the music was rather loud when they were trying to get some rest.
It is that way on deck 8 forward on the Millennium. The balconies are tiered farther and farther back as you go up two decks. This also creates kind of a cavern where anyone talking is heard quite distinctly.

Beer cans may come down, but cigar smoke goes up!

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, crown, cruise, cruising, ideas, midship, port, portside, preferred, princess, renew, ship, side, starboard, stay, tips, vows