Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I just recieved an email ad from Princess (some people call them Spam emails). I just recieved the email today, April 14th at 3PM Eastern Time.

Anyway, the email is advertising a good deal on a 16 or 17 day Transatlantic/Mediterranean cruise. It is onboard the Ruby Princess. It will depart Ft. Lauderdale FL, cross the Atlantic Ocean, and visit several ports of call in Mediterranean Europe, before ending in Barcelona.

The problem is that the sail date is
APRIL 18, 2009!!!!!

Is it even possible to make all the necessary arrangements and preparation for a 16 day Transatlantic cruise, all in less than 4 days time???? Did Princess even take that into consideration when they sent this email today, less than two hours ago??>
Old 04-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I just recieved an email ad from Princess (some people call them Spam emails). I just recieved the email today, April 14th at 3PM Eastern Time.

Anyway, the email is advertising a good deal on a 16 or 17 day Transatlantic/Mediterranean cruise. It is onboard the Ruby Princess. It will depart Ft. Lauderdale FL, cross the Atlantic Ocean, and visit several ports of call in Mediterranean Europe, before ending in Barcelona.

The problem is that the sail date is
APRIL 18, 2009!!!!!

Is it even possible to make all the necessary arrangements and preparation for a 16 day Transatlantic cruise, all in less than 4 days time???? Did Princess even take that into consideration when they sent this email today, less than two hours ago??>
Old 04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Had you signed up for e-mail notification of last-minute deals? Just curious because I did about 3 years ago, and this is the first time I have actually been getting any. I received a similar offer for a Pacific Panama Canal cruise at a unbelieveable price that leaves before the end of April.

It's killing me because I could actually go on that short of notice; the money is the only thing keeping me home. We keep our passports current and have a special closet just for our "cruise stuff." I could conceivably be ready to leave tomorrow.

I can only assume they aren't filling the ships and/or they are having lots of last minute cancellations.

Rick
Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I had to look these up, Frase:

19 days Coral Princess, Pacific Panama Canal, r/t L.A. April 26
Interior $998; Oceanview $1298; Balcony $1998.

Or how about this:

17 days Pacific Princess, Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco, April 24:
Interior $998; Oceanview $1098; Balcony $1598.
Slightly higher to Seattle.

It's breakin' my heart!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM
F-Mattox:

No, I did not sign-up for any email notification by Princess.

However, a couple years ago, I did email Princess asking more information about them, because I always wanted to try something new. That probably did the trick.

I just can't imagine anyone being able to suddenly run away on a 16 day cruise without at least a few weeks advance notice. Maybe there are some retired and wealthy people who can just drop everything and suddenly decide to go on a 16 day cruise that is sailing in less than 4 days? But even they would have to deal with the booking process, packing their bags, arranging for transportation (to Ft. Lauderdale and back from Barcelona by air). Can they do all that in less than 4 days???
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
The booking can all be done online; and if you used Princess Air, I'm sure they could make it all happen; in fact it would probably be a lot cheaper than booking your own air at the last minute.

We have traveled a lot and I'm serious when I say we could be packed and ready to go tomorrow. We're both retired; this just isn't a good time to be spending that kind of money.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 AM

I think that many cruises are good deals right now whether they send you the "late notice" or not...my husband and I just scheduled a short one since it was such a great price (and Rick helped us pick the perfect room!!!). I wish we could take off 16 days, but not at this point in our lives. But there are great deals out there. If you have your passport ready and can get days off at work, then just pack all night if you have to!!!
Lynn

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Administrator

I am not only getting unbelievably great cruise specials emailed to me, but fabulous airline specials, also. If only my husband wasn't a teacher (beholden to the school calendar), we'd jump on these in a minute. I sometimes wonder why I keep myself on these lists...

Then again, a great one that fits the calendar occasionally comes our way. Our April 2010 Med cruise is an example.

Yes, I could be packed and ready to go in a couple of days. Like Rick, we have the important documents all set, and it really doesn't take me long to pack for a trip.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 AM

I could be ready in a matter of minutes. The only thing would be the air and if Princess could arrange it, yes, I'd be there. Now, I probably wouldn't have a job when I got back, but I could do it. Honestly, I have cruise bags, packed with most items needed. All I'd have to do is throw in my clothes, get our friend to check on the dogs, go get more dry food for the dogs and cats, and jump in my car to the airport. Oh, and stop the mail.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I had ~ and the key word is HAD ~ a co-worker who called in to say she found a killer deal on an Australian cruise and that she'd be back in 30 days. I understand she did have a wonderful time, but haven't seen her...

Closed Thread

Tags
15, apriltransatlanticspecial, days