Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2005, 06:25 AM

We are going out to Fairbanks on June 5 to start the June 6 tour (2S) with Princess. Any tips or recommendations regarding the Sapphire or ground tours would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:14 PM

Hello. I just did a 10 day R/T San Francisco to Alaska on Regal Princess. We departed July 7th. Which ports are you going to? What are your interest, active vs. not to active? Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-26-2005, 02:48 PM

Check http://www.portreviews.com for some suggestions on what to do in the various Alaska ports. On the tour portion, I strongly recommend you do the wildlife tour of Denali, if it is offered. That particular national park is one that is largely closed to individual traffic (only those camping inside the park boundaries can drive their own vehicles beyond a certain point) so the tours are the only way to really see this marvelous park. Plan to spend all day on this tour.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:10 AM

this sounds like a good idea. What did you like about the tour. And any more information about why?
Dr. Eric Flescher ( dreric1kansas@aol.com ,kcstarguy@aol.com),
Olathe, KS. USA

Quote:
Karen Knowlton
Master Cruiser
Posted October 26, 2005 03:48 PM
Check http://www.portreviews.com for some suggestions on what to do in the various Alaska ports. On the tour portion, I strongly recommend you do the wildlife tour of Denali, if it is offered. That particular national park is one that is largely closed to individual traffic (only those camping inside the park boundaries can drive their own vehicles beyond a certain point) so the tours are the only way to really see this marvelous park. Plan to spend all day on this tour.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:19 PM

I haven't done the tour with a cruise line, but my husband and I visited Denali independently a number of years ago. Again, we were not camping in the park so couldn't take a vehicle in; we took the wildlife bus tours two days in a row, and enjoyed both. The one offered by the National Park Service used school buses, so was a bit less comfortable than the slightly more expensive tour, which used a touring-type bus. In both cases, the driver stopped whenever anyone on the bus sighted an animal, bird, etc., and "sang out." There was good opportunity for everyone to take pictures - usually from within the bus, but there were a few stops enroute where everyone was allowed off. That tour was our favorite aspect of visiting Denali, though we loved the scenery as well.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:12 PM

I live in Alaska and the one thing we always see that visitors do is go to the Park (Denali) and you might see some wildlife. Best viewing is earliest in the morning, that. If possible. And if you are not freaked out by flying in small planes, take a flight tour either out of Talkeetna or Anchorage that flies into the Ruth Amphitheater - it truly is surreal.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruisetour, princess, reviews