Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 09:59 AM
I've been reading the posts/replys on here for a bit over a month now. Very informative and friendly. Glad I stumbled upon it! Taking our 4th cruise the end of April and was hoping to maybe get some feedback on the excursions we have chosen. Had originally planned on doing "our own thing" as we always use the excursions planned by the cruise lines, but after further consideration there was just too much that could go wrong if out on our own (and for us probably WOULD go wrong!!). Here's what we have planned (just 2): St Maarten: catamaran with open bar (woo hoo!!!!) to Tintemarre Island. A bit on the boring side maybe, but the open bar appeals to us!! St. Thomas: Kayak, hike, snorkel in the marine park. We are very active, wife in early 30's, me in late 30's. A little worried that we might be a bit bored with these, but maybe some relaxation would be good for a week. Any thoughts or other suggestions would greatly appreciated!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Sounds like fun to me, especially the open bar cat. They're wonderful to sail on! If you have time in St. Thomas after your excursion, try a jaunt over to Trunk Bay. If not, the shopping should wear you out
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM

The Golden Eagle is an awesome excursion. We just did it 2 weeks ago. Be prepared to get wet. The water was really rough and we were sitting in the nets. We were soaked completely within 5 minutes. But hey it was 30C and the water was warm. If you get seasick easily, sit in the back of the boat and maybe wait with the open bar until the return trip. The crew on board was great and trust me, it's not boring. We even had a CCL videographer on board, all his footage is on the DVD we bought later at the photo shop.
Have fun !!

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Great info!! Thank you very much! OK then, now I'm excited about the Catamaran!! Wet is fine with me! And I did also hear about Trunk Bay in other postings. Thanks again for your input! Any other suggestions are of course welcome!

Closed Thread

Tags
caaribean, caribbean, carnival, carribean, cruise, cruiseeastern, cruises, east, eastern, excursion, excursions, princess, recommendations, reviews, shore