Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 03:35 AM

I read that when using the future cruise credit from Princess that you only have to utilize one credit per couple & not two like I've been doing for a few years now. This would save $100 per deposit & still reap the benefits getting cabin credit for both persons + a lower deposit. Anybody else doing this or am I the only one who didn't know?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I haven't used a future cruise credit yet, but that is good to know. You would think somebody at Princess would have told you . . . .then again . . .
Old 09-26-2008, 10:20 AM

Why would they when we keep giving they double the amount it requires & they get to keep the extra dollars in their interest bearing account. I don't think the TA we deal with knows it either.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 AM

I never thought about doing that. However, the obc does help because we're usually on a 10 or 14 day and always spend well over $200. It's a good idea, though.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:50 AM

This is odd. It looks like they would have caught this if it was an error. The credit should specifically state how it can be used. If they didn't credit it, they should have returned it for future use if that was the policy at that time.

Dwayne
Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 PM

RichC, I also have booked for 2 people $100 each for the future cruise credit program. I have discussed with both the future cruise consultant and recently with the Captains Circle if it is necessary for pay for two people. They have confirmed that the deposit is per person and per cruise segment. If you only pay $100 you will only receive the shipboard credit for one person and the reduced deposit for one person. Also, if you like to do back to back cruises like I do, you need to pay $100 per person per cruise segment so for a couple booking two cruises back to back that would be a $400 deposit.
Hope this helps. Joyceh
Old 09-29-2008, 12:57 PM
joyceh, that really does make more sense.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:11 PM

I called princess & they've told me that I could use 1 FCC for both myself & my wife but that her deposit would be higher & we would both receive the cabin credit.
That said, I have heard so many people recently saying both the same thing and the also the opposite so I've decided to purchase sufficient FCC on our next cruise to cover us either way. There seems to be lots of confusion, even from the Princess reps, as to the correct interpretation of their program. I would rather put out the extra $100 per FCC in order to get the cabin credit than be turned down in the future. After all it's only $100 per FCC & what can you actually do with $100 these days that can get back a return worth anything more.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:57 PM

We are using our $100.00 per paid deposit (Hal)on our Hawaii cruise. We found Hal very willing to work with us. While It stated it was for a 10 day cruise or less, they let us book a 15 day cruise with it. They were also going to allow us to book a back to back Alaskan Cruise if we wanted, we choose the Hawwaii trip over another Alaskan Cruise.
Another thing we found out..If you want to buy a prepaid deposit for someone, you can. The only catch is you need to give them a couple of days to generate a number for them. We talked to them on our last day, we put down a deposit but we not able to do it for our friends.
I wish Carnival had a program like this!!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM

Hi Gary, glad to see you in your avatar. It's great!

Closed Thread

Tags
back, carnival, consultant, credit, credits, cruise, cruises, deposit, extend, fcc, future, policies, policy, princess, refund