Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM

Third question about Princess Cruises and only 10 days before we cruise on the Golden from LA. Anyway - - does Princess have deck parties after leaving port? Usually Carnival has one or two per cruise, espically a Mexican themed one after leaving a Mexican port. After cruising on Carnival for the past 15 years I am worried that Princess could be too old for us (heck I am 64 but I sure ain't ready to go to bed at 9:00pm). Our son and his family will be with us which includes our 17 year old grand-daughter and 14 year old grandson. --- indulge me for one moment --- our grand-daughter just got an appointment the USAF academy in Colorado! So this is a very special cruise for us as we probably won't get to cruise with her again for a while. So we want this to be extra nice for her. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Free Cruise Clocks20 + cruises going for 30
Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
First of all, sincere congratulations on your Granddaughter's appointment to the Air Force Academy--that is a huge honor and I know the whole family is extremely proud.

Next, do not worry about Princess being "too old" for you. I think you will find that the length of cruise and the itinerary have more bearing on the age group and atmosphere of the ship than the cruise line. I've been to the Mexican Riviera many times on Princess and I can tell you they are very festive. There are sailaway parties from each port and at least one deck party at night that goes, well, past my bedtime.

One little tip: best place to be for sailaway from San Pedro is by the Terrace pool, all the way aft on Lido deck; you are near the Horizon Court buffet, the Outrigger bar, and you get a spectacular view of the L.A. and Long Beach harbors as you head South.

Have a wonderful cruise and stay in touch.

Rick
Old 02-08-2008, 05:14 PM

What an honor for your granddaughter to be appointed to the Academy! That is quite an accomplishment and something to be very proud of.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Nadine
Old 02-09-2008, 06:36 AM

Was just on the Golden Princess January 12th. Yes, they have deck parties. The crew on this ship is fabulous, they really like to have a good time. The party after the Champagne tower was very lively at midnight.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, deck, parties, party, princess