Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 03:23 PM

My family and I just got off the CP yesterday. We had a wonderful cruise. The weather on a scale of 1-10 was a 14. Sunshine and brilliant blue skies everyday.
We read all the postings prior to sailing. Several people had issues with food, service, etc. My family did not encounter one thing that we would call a negative. I won't bore people with a lengthy review, just some highlights:
We arrived at the port at 1:30 p.m. We were on the ship within 15 minutes. Embarkation was a breeze. Have cruised twice before and this was the easiest embarkation we have encountered.
The ship itself is beautiful. It's very large but we thought it easy to navigate. Our stateroom was on the Baja deck, #431. Mid-ship with a balcony. The balcony was covered. Room was a bit small for four of us but it was very nice. Our cabin steward, Wilson was fabulous. He took care of our every need.
During our cruise, we found the help to be very personable. We were always greeted with a hello or good morning.
We bought our children the soda stickers. (27.00). Sticker comes with a nice insulated container. Never had a problem getting it filled at any bar or dining room.
Pools are fresh water and they are wonderful. Caribbean music at one pool and the Movies Under the Stars at the other main pool.
Our sailing was totally sold out but we were always able to get a chair near the pool and in the sun after breakfast.
As for the full ship, it never seemed like there were 3200 people sailing. Seating was always available in the dining rooms for breakfast and lunch. As for the buffets, they were busy but there were no long lines.
We chose the second seating for dinner at 8:30 p.m. This allowed us enough time to enjoy a full day at the pools or in the islands, etc. and still get ourselves ready for dinner. Our head waitress was Alexandra. She could not have done more to make each dinner enjoyable. Food at dinner was great. Steak is available every night along with shrimp cocktail and fettucini. This is in addition to three different appetizers each night.
On a scale of 1-10, I would rate the food on the ship a 9. To be sure, not everything on the buffets was a hit but most of the dishes were fresh, hot and delicious.
The hamburger/fries and the pizza grill were a big hit. Both were great.
We didn't take in the entertainment every night but what we did see was enjoyable. Bert Stratton was fabulous. Comedians were very funny.
Disembarkation was orderly and fast. We had a 10:25 a.m. flight and we made it to the airport and through security with 45 minutes to spare.
All in all, this was a cruise my family and I won't soon forget. We have cruised on Carnival and RCCL in the past. We enjoyed them very much, also. Based on this past cruise, we will by booking Princess for our next cruise.

P.S. If anyone has questions regarding the CP, I will attempt to answer them honestly.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:23 PM

My family and I just got off the CP yesterday. We had a wonderful cruise. The weather on a scale of 1-10 was a 14. Sunshine and brilliant blue skies everyday.
We read all the postings prior to sailing. Several people had issues with food, service, etc. My family did not encounter one thing that we would call a negative. I won't bore people with a lengthy review, just some highlights:
We arrived at the port at 1:30 p.m. We were on the ship within 15 minutes. Embarkation was a breeze. Have cruised twice before and this was the easiest embarkation we have encountered.
The ship itself is beautiful. It's very large but we thought it easy to navigate. Our stateroom was on the Baja deck, #431. Mid-ship with a balcony. The balcony was covered. Room was a bit small for four of us but it was very nice. Our cabin steward, Wilson was fabulous. He took care of our every need.
During our cruise, we found the help to be very personable. We were always greeted with a hello or good morning.
We bought our children the soda stickers. (27.00). Sticker comes with a nice insulated container. Never had a problem getting it filled at any bar or dining room.
Pools are fresh water and they are wonderful. Caribbean music at one pool and the Movies Under the Stars at the other main pool.
Our sailing was totally sold out but we were always able to get a chair near the pool and in the sun after breakfast.
As for the full ship, it never seemed like there were 3200 people sailing. Seating was always available in the dining rooms for breakfast and lunch. As for the buffets, they were busy but there were no long lines.
We chose the second seating for dinner at 8:30 p.m. This allowed us enough time to enjoy a full day at the pools or in the islands, etc. and still get ourselves ready for dinner. Our head waitress was Alexandra. She could not have done more to make each dinner enjoyable. Food at dinner was great. Steak is available every night along with shrimp cocktail and fettucini. This is in addition to three different appetizers each night.
On a scale of 1-10, I would rate the food on the ship a 9. To be sure, not everything on the buffets was a hit but most of the dishes were fresh, hot and delicious.
The hamburger/fries and the pizza grill were a big hit. Both were great.
We didn't take in the entertainment every night but what we did see was enjoyable. Bert Stratton was fabulous. Comedians were very funny.
Disembarkation was orderly and fast. We had a 10:25 a.m. flight and we made it to the airport and through security with 45 minutes to spare.
All in all, this was a cruise my family and I won't soon forget. We have cruised on Carnival and RCCL in the past. We enjoyed them very much, also. Based on this past cruise, we will by booking Princess for our next cruise.

P.S. If anyone has questions regarding the CP, I will attempt to answer them honestly.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 AM

Would you say there are alot of children on board? We were told that Princess limits the number of kids unlike carnival etc.
We are in our late 20s, married without kids......yet
Old 02-27-2006, 11:33 AM

This is great. You have confirmed what I have heard about the ship.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:34 PM

Our sailing had 550 children aboard. This high number was due to winter recess for the schools in the Northeast. I hadn't heard that Princess limits the number of kids on borad. Even though we had a high number of children, it was not a problem. All were well behaved. There is an adult only hot tub at the main pool. It was strictly enforced by Princess security. There is also an adult only pool near the front of the ship.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:46 PM

I've never sailed Princess, but am seriously considering it the beginning of Jan., 2007. Want to take my kids 19, 21, 25, and 26. Am hoping the disco type nightclub is really hopping with lots of young people. Did you find this to be true? Also, don't they have some sort of a flexible meal plan? I want the dinners to be special for all of us eating together. I love the formal nights being a big deal. Do you find they are as special on Princess Caribbean as the other cruise lines?
Thanks,
CruisySuzi
Old 03-29-2006, 05:12 AM

Princess does limit the number of children on each sailing.
They have two types of dining. Anytime dining and Traditional dining. If you want an assigned table with the same wait staff every night then you want the Traditional.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:48 PM

Hi CP cruiser,
I am going on CP 4/15. Glad you had a great time. Just wondering, do they show "The Love Boat" TV show on their TV programming. Also, How was the Arcade? I have several kids in my group. Do you have to make reservations for the "Movies Under the Stars?" Is it hard to get tickets? Can you get tickets for each night?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:48 AM

I agree with everything - I went with a group of 8 adults ranging from age 34 to 65 and we all had a blast on her. (Liked her much better than the Grand or Golden.) Princess does limit the number of children - my mom is a travel agent so I know they keep track of how many are on board.

We have just booked a cruise on the Crown Princess for this fall based on the fact that we read the Crown will be a sister to the Caribbean Princess.

Caribbean Travel Articles

Closed Thread

Tags
amount, baja, board, caribbean, carnival, children, cruise, fresh, kids, limit, number, pools, princess, programing, salt, ship, tv