Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 06:06 PM

Hello! Just booked a cruise this summer for our family, we have 2 sons ages 11 and 15...I was wondering if any of you took your kids on this ship and if so what were their experiences like? Any good recommendations for us? This is our first cruise! Also, I've heard something about a "Coke Card", is that for the whole family or do you have to purchase a card for each member? I'm sure I will have more questions in the future. Thank you!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

Coke cards are for sale for around 40 dollars. You actually get a special cup and you get all you can drink. You dont have to get one for everyone if you dont mind sharing, but it can be a hassle.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 PM
We bought coke cards once and never again. They add 15% to the cost of the coke card for gratuity but every time we ordered a coke the bartender or waiter stood there waiting for another tip. Also the bartender told us before we ordered it if you are not going to drink at least 6 a day it is not worth it. We did not take into consideration time in port. On those days we only had one or two. We bring on our own for our room. I bring a 32 oz cup and fill it when I am at the pool or in the Showroom as I always have trouble finding a waiter in the Showroom or at least they never are in my section. I still find myself buying one while in the bars at night. Our last cruise was 5 days. We brought 2 six packs and ended up taking one back home. As for sharing I feel that is not right. It is like going to Subway and ordering one drink and 4 people sharing and getting refills.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:51 AM

Thanks raffles and SanDee for the info on the Coke cards. It does sound like a hassle and I definately don't want everyone sharing! I wasn't trying to be cheap just wanted to know how it works. Is it a problem for them to let kids charge things to the ship account or do we have to be present everytime they order something?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 AM

Your children can get their own cards and you can put a limit on them so you don't have to be there each time they purchase something. There are a lot of people that do the soda card and like it, but you do have to consume a lot of coke to make it worth it. They also have a lot of activities for children on board, and most of the teens and tweens I've talked to love it. Have a marvelous cruise!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:33 AM

We are going on June 8 and will be buying the POP card. I have heard everyone I know that's it worth the money. I hope that they have more than COKE on the ship???
Old 03-27-2007, 12:29 PM

TexasMom,

The coke card is a great investment. My family of three would normally buy two and share. It pays for itself very quickly, by using the card two or three times a day depending on what the current price is. Also, when ordering at the bar don't hesitate to ask for a large glass as the normal size glasses give you about 8 oz. of soda.

As for your children, they will have a great time. Tons to do for them with things from movies to scavenger hunts. Have a great trip.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:30 PM

They have coke products, ie Sprite, Diet Coke, etc. No Pepsi products.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 PM

we just came back from Caribbean Princess with our two 12 year old girls.

Kids program for them was ok but they had more fun hanging out at the pool with the two friends they made on the first day and hardly went back to the kids club at all.

We bought one coke pass and I wouldn't do it again. we don't drink that much pop - and you can only get pop , no juice.The kids shared it but I don't think they got their moneys worth out of it.

Closed Thread

Tags
card, caribbean, carribean, childrens, club, coke, cruises, cup, kids, princess, program, programs, review, reviews, soda