Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 PM

Hello again,
Just wanted to know peoples opinions about having injections for the Carribean. I noticed Penny is having yellow fever shots for her cruise in December, should we be considering this also?
Many Thanks
hellybelly
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I think only your doctor could answer that for you.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 AM

May I suggest a visit to the CDC. From that link you can find a clinic that services international travel.

In my case that site linked me to the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Once there I did a search for "travel." That directed me to a page that listed all the clinics that specialize in international travel immunizations.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 AM

hellybelly, on our itinerary from Princess it stated that they were required. It also states that we have to have our immunization certificate with us when we board. Your itinerary should tell you if it's required.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 AM

Hi, we are booked for the southern Carribean leaving San Juan on Dec. 6th and our doctor advise there is no requirement for any shots. She say it's up to us if we wanted the immunizations.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Thanks all,
As we are a couple of Aussies venturing into the Carribean for the first time, I was a little unsure whether we needed to consider some vaccinations. SO thank you to those who replied, and I will be seeing our GP on Wednesday.
Might see you around Penny!!
Cheers
hellybelly
Old 11-09-2008, 06:44 PM

Hello, I talked to a person who knows about this and yellow fever shots are just require for going to Africa.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM

That might be wooddon, but we can't board without our vaccination certificates. According to our itinerary, it's required for Devil's Island, Tobago, and Barbados (which I can't believe-we've been to Barbados many times without it). We've not been to Devil's Island, so maybe that's it.

Hellybelly, are you going on the Royal Princess? We sail on December 23rd. It would be great to meet you on board!
Old 11-11-2008, 01:25 AM

Hi Penny,
No, we are on the Grand Princess sailing out of Ft Laud. on the 19th december.I know you have had some good experiences on this ship and I hope we have the same. We are in a mini-suite. And I'm pleased to inform you and everyone that I went and had my vaccinations today. It was suggested that we have two needles. Firstly Hep A, typhoid and yellow fever and secondly a booster shot for all the usuals like diptheria, whooping cough,tetanus and polio. So we are all good to go! Only 38 days to go.
Have a great trip Penny - I will keep an eye out for your ship!!.
Cheers to you Penny and to all sailing at Christmas!!!
Happy cruising and thanks to everyone for the fantastic advice

hellybelly
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM

Hello,Penny, we are leaving on Dec. 6th for Barbados and other island, but there is nothning on our itinerary about any vaccinations certificates required.
So I don't understand why yours would be difference???

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruises, devils, double, fun, immunization, island, lucia, opinion, peoples, scarborough, st, tobago, tours, travel