Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 AM

I am going on the Golden in January and am wondering if the Bernini and the Donatello dining rooms are as nice as the traditional Canatello dining room? Their brochures say that the Canatello has award winning cusine in a elegant dining room and the other two say restaurant style. Is there a big difference in the atmosphere? Or the food? Also the main room is open for breakfast and lunch and the other two are not. Can you eat in the main one for those meals even though for dinner you are on the anytime plan? Sorry so winded but this will help me decide. Thanks so much.
Diana
Old 12-03-2005, 07:58 AM

Diana, I was on the Golden in Feb. Yes, the two "anytime dining" restaurants are just as nice as the other one, and serve the same food. I think the only thing you'll be missing will be the relationship that builds with your wait staff, as it will change every day. (Although if you find a favorite, you can request to be at a table in his/her station - you might have to wait a little longer for a table, is all.)
If you prefer to eat breakfast in the dining room instead of the buffet, that's fine; the aft restaurant is only reserved for assigned dining at dinner; otherwise it's open seating.

A couple tips - we discovered that the anytime restaurant on the lower deck had shorter lines than the one just above it, so we ate there after the first night. If you prefer to eat on the early side (before 7) you will also have less of a wait time. You can also shorten your wait by telling them you are willing to share a table. We found many fun dinner companions that way, and only ate at a table for 2 twice during the cruise.

Another tip: we LOVED the steakhouse (alternative) restaurant. I'm not a big Italian food fan, so didn't try Sabatini's, but the steakhouse was super - the steak was definitely much better than those in the regular dining room, and service was topnotch. Highly recommend it, despite the extra cost.

Have a great cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, breakfast, cruise, dining, eat, lunch, princess, reviews, time