Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Just got off the Grand Princess on Saturday in Ft. Lauderdale. Had a fantastic cruise from Canada to Florida. We were in B627 on Baja deck. From our balcony, we looked down on the mini-suites with their larger balconies. No one from Aloha deck above us could see us. We took the stairs everywhere (to work off a few of the many calories), and it was only two flights to the Horizon Court buffet. The room itself was as close to mid-ship as possible and we were very satisfied with the amount of motion that was felt in light of the Tropical Storm that had developed and stayed well out of our way. All in all it was a wonderful trip.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 11-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Lots of good advice.

If privacy is an issue, you want Aloha or Baja deck.
Carib is a little less private but a larger balcony.
The mini-suites on Dolphin are not private at all.
The mini suites on Emerald are private, but the location, all the way aft, may not be desirable to some--I happen to like them because most of my favorite spots are aft.

I agree with Hank though; a catagory BB on Caribe deck is the best bang for the buck.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:08 PM

We booked a cat GG guarantee on the Emerald. I see that that catagory as well as the next ( Balcony) is waitlisted. Princess confirms the catagory is sold out. I am assigned a cabin however. When I inquire they say that if there is a match I may be upgraded. My agent will be notified and they can refuse. I am confused. Can anyone help?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:58 PM

I'm confused by your question. You said you booked a guarantee, then later said "I am assigned a cabin". A guarantee is not an assigned cabin, rather a random assignment at or above the category you booked. Have you since been given a cabin number?

Neil
Old 12-02-2007, 07:29 PM

I orginally booked a cabin in GG. They assigned me a cabin number. I asked that it be changed to a guarantee so I could get the possibility of an upgrade. They said that they did that but it still shows the cabin number.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Hi Herbert,

If you have a cabin # and it's the same one you originally had issued, they did not move your booking to Guar status. Call again, ask for a supervisor and have the status changed. Someone either messed up or ignored your request. I won't comment on which I believe happened. They can and should move you to a Guar if you requested it and it's still available.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM

Quote:
We booked a cat GG guarantee on the Emerald. I see that that catagory as well as the next (Balcony) is waitlisted.
Herbert, I think you've gotten wrong info or are confused about the categories as well. A GG is a fully obstructed cabin, directly behind a lifeboat. The next higher Cat is F, also a fully obstructed window not a balcony. In fact the balconies begin a full 8 categories above what you've booked.

Cat G-E obstructed view
Cat EE-C unobstructed window
Cat BG-BA balcony

Hopefully you'll get an upgrade by going with a Guar assignment. They do typically sell far more Guar's on the promos than they have obstructed cabins. But don't expect to be moved up to a balcony from an obstructed view window. You'll be setting your expectations a little too high.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-03-2007, 10:58 AM

We just returned from the Emerald, we were in Baja 702, the balcony was completely covered. We were able to see into the balconies below us on the Caribe and Dolphin decks. The Aloha, Baja, and Lido balconies were covered as well. B702 is towards the rear of the ship, it was a less expensive balcony that the ones mid-ship, but the identical layout as the mid-ship balconies. On some sailings, the balconies classes are the same price, on others they are not. As all have stated, if they have a guaranteed balcony rate, you can book that. The Emerald is a beautiful ship and huge. Best wishes.

Closed Thread

Tags
b702, balcony, bd, cabin, cat, crossing, cruise, guar, guaranteed, princess, probability, selection, showing, stateroom, transatlantic, upgrade