Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM

ok so i was going to get another memory stick for my digital camera but i figured why not bring my laptop and after each day just upload them to the computer... since it holds almost 400 pictures...then i dont have to get another stick...only thing is the my boyfriend was wondering if it could
a. be a carry on item when we fly
b. if customs would give me trouble about it

or if there is any cons (negatives) about bringing it?

im not interrested in using the internet while im there just uploading my pictures!! good idea or not? please let me know asap were leaving for seattle in 2 days and sailing on the golden princess in 4 days! soo excited!

Edited to change a word.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:59 AM

Hi Princessklac

I suggest that you use a large capacity memory card... (or 2) for your camera. No weight and a lot easier to transport.

It seems that carrying a laptop just to upload to would be a hassle. You can transfer all your pictures at your leisure when you get home.

Have a wonderful time!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Hi princessklac, welcome to Cruise-Chat. My hubby brings our laptop because he likes to do the same thing. We visit the Caribbean, so do not have any hassels. It is a carry-on item, but it is a lot less trouble with an extra memory stick. Princess also has a service at the photo gallery to burn your pictures to a cd. I don't remember the cost per cd, but it wasn't that unreasonable. Best wishes on your upcoming cruise.

Closed Thread