Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2005, 01:26 AM

My husband and I are booked on the Caribbean Princess sailing 24 Feb from FL. As this will be our first time can someone let me know what the weather will be like from past experience? I am terrible at taking too many clothes with me and want to pack the minimum in order to shop and don't know whether to pack summer or spring clothes. We'll be stopping off at St Maartens, St Thomas and Princess Cays, 7 day cruise.
Thanks.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:26 AM

My husband and I are booked on the Caribbean Princess sailing 24 Feb from FL. As this will be our first time can someone let me know what the weather will be like from past experience? I am terrible at taking too many clothes with me and want to pack the minimum in order to shop and don't know whether to pack summer or spring clothes. We'll be stopping off at St Maartens, St Thomas and Princess Cays, 7 day cruise.
Thanks.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:36 AM

You should have warm days and cooler evenings. Check out theweather info for each port at http://www.CaribbeanPortReviews.com. Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 12-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Emily,

Welcome to Cruise Reviews & Princess.
I do hope you enjoy your cruise. Not too much longer now.
I always tend to over pack myself. I probably do the best for a Caribbean cruise as I live in a bathing suit & cover-up.

You should have great weather. As Tom suggested check out the temps before packing.
In the evening you are usually onboard the ship, so a sweater or shawl for the air conditioning & you should be fine.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 12-15-2005, 11:59 AM

Unless the weather gets really crazy, you should have mid to upper 80s during the day and upper 70s at night. I always pack a shawl for on board air conditioning and a rain jacket, just in case.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Hello Emily,

A wise friend of mine once said "pack what you think you need for a cruise - and then remove half of it". He was correct in my case, as we always seem to have clothing that we never wear during the cruise - and we have been cruising for going on 14 years!

Caribbean cruises can be surprising in that the nights can be cool, which is especially true in February. As others have said - a shawl, a rain jacket, a sweater or two - these should get you through just fine. Days will typically be t-shirt and shorts weather, but if a rogue shower and some wind show up, you will be prepared!

Princess is a great cruise line, by the way. One thing I like, among many things, is that Princess uses fresh water in their swimming pools. Most other lines use salt water.

Please let us know how your cruise went. I know I would like to read a review!
Old 12-15-2005, 08:12 PM

We are well traveled cruisers and have spent years on the islands particularly St Maarten. The weather is always in the 80's with breezes. Take an umbrella because it rains everyday with brief showers. Very tropical so wear light clothing, shorts and T-shirts. There's a laundry on every deck of the ship so you can wash at your convenience. Enjoy the islands, they are delightful.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:22 AM

HiEmily,
I am also on this cruise,and it is my first cruise also.. so will look for you..lol only 3100 people. One thing I notice you said leaving port on 24th of Feb, but it leaves on the 25th. Just a typo on your part I'm sure.
Bill
Old 12-28-2005, 01:35 AM

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. Very much appreciated. I have to say that I would be lost completely if this site didn't exist. I have too many questions, but you have lots of answers!. Thanks again.

Closed Thread