Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM

Hello. never cruised before. my daughter and i found a cruise on Princess out of fort Lauderdale. the entire cruise is on waitlist. Is that normal? any ideas? should we book a flight and hope? Please any advice, Thank you
Old 03-24-2008, 01:08 PM

Hello. never cruised before. my daughter and i found a cruise on Princess out of fort Lauderdale. the entire cruise is on waitlist. Is that normal? any ideas? should we book a flight and hope? Please any advice, Thank you
Old 03-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Do not book a flight. Depending on the ship and itinerary and it's popularity, the ship may already have a long waitlist. Did you speak with someone about how long the waitlist is? There is never a guarantee that a waitlisted cruise will open.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:40 PM

Thank you for your responce. No I didn't speak to anyone. Wouldn't know how. Is a 3 day cruise worth the effort? Thanks once again.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:24 PM
You can call a travel agent that specializes in cruises, or just call Princess (1-800-Princess).

Is a 3-day worth It? Depends. Just keep in mind that if you go on a waitlist you may not get a cabin until just shortly before sailing--if at all--and last minute air arrangements can be VERY expensive.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:48 PM

The wait list was on a 4 day out of fort Lauderdale. There is a 3 day without a waitlist. I was thinking about that. It goes to the Bahamas. We really wanted a balcony so Princess seems a good fit. Royal Caribbean is a little too pricey for us. Thanks for your advice. Flying from Massachusetts. nervous but excited about a cruise!
Old 03-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Three day cruises are a good introduction to cruising. Three day cruises have a lot of activities scheduled in a three day period. You won't be able to do them all. So that may leave you wanting to book another cruise! The three and four night cruises on Princess are special cruises they scheduled this year. Princess normally doesn't do the short cruises. If you can't make one of the Princess cruises then Carnival or Royal Caribbean have three and four days cruises all the time. Depending on when you go, there can be some very reasonable prices.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Here is one additional idea. Sometimes travel agents have a different allotment of cabins to fill. Try going on cruise-compete.com and asking for quotes for the exact cruise you want. Some travel agents might respond with a quote for the exact cruise you want. This worked for us just this year. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 AM

Thank you all very much! Very helpful information. We are looking to cruise this May because my daughter is having a baby in october and I wanted to spend time with her before we are rudely interupted.. lol (actually, can't wait) Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 AM

about cruisecompete ? Can travel agents reduce or change a fare? Would it be better to go to a travel agent, I thought they would be more expensive, am I wrong?

Closed Thread

Tags
19, book, booked, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, no, number, princess, royal, ship, wait, waiting, waitlist, waitlisted