Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > River Boat Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 07:43 AM

Question Scenic river cruises,any info?
I have a hold on one in June 2014,from Budapest to Bucharest.Looked at other reviews and its website and sounds great.Will be my first with this company.Booked a Jr.Suite and seems they have bookings over a year in advance(to get room you want).
Have been on ALL the other river boats and love to try something NEW,never know.Tried AMA for last 2 and DID LOVE them.Scenics boats look fantastic and itinerary suits my dates so will let you know.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
We did Scenic Sapphire last June in a regular balcony cabin ..very nice
food was nothing to write home about
& you have done other river cruises so you know how they operate
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 03-17-2013, 07:13 AM

Thumbs down Well,food is a BIG plus to us
and that could be a determining factor in taking ANOTHER with Scenic. Did like having choice in suite to have breakfast delivered to room and eating on balcony.Maybe the Crystal will be better? Hope so.
Know they re NOT as good as ocean cruises in general,just too small,I guess.But what a great way to relax and see the country(rather than a bus).
Anyone else have similar review??
Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 AM
Maybe being served in your suite you will get better food offerings than going to the dining room

Breakfast in the dining room was fine ..lunch was OK
Dinner was mostly dreadful but Portabello was very good

Of course the Chef makes a big difference
Now that it is all inclusive being at the back of the ship may work better for you with all the party people onboard
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 AM

Wink Thanks Lynn,BUT
got the Jr.Suite,not the aft one.And whats with the "party people"?Must have missed that one.Know a lot of Aussies,but "party"....not sure about THAT???
We ll give it a try,if not up to par,can always go back to AMA,or others.
The itinerary was best for us either way,so will just TRY IT OUT.
Wanted to see Transylvania(and visit Dracula s castle) and others had it as an extension,Scenic inc.it.
Will review when I get back,but not till NEXT June.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Alexandra,
I have never heard of this Company that you are going to try. Have you heard of "a Rosa" ? I was thinking of giving them a try. They do a Rhone & Saone that looks really nice. Ships are beautiful.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 AM

Lightbulb YEs, Scenic new to American market
mostly Australian,but heard about it on a cruise 1 yr.ago and looked into it.Check out their website,looks great.But not till 2014 and will see.
Heard about A Rosa, also new to market.Checked out web and only french balcony.After last AMA cruises with regular balcony,found I REALLY liked that and will stick to that .
I try to vary between ocean and river cruises,best of BOTH worlds..next one is Oceania in Sept.Montreal to NYC.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I like your plan! I like both as well. Uniworld is next and than big ship !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
got the Jr.Suite,not the aft one.And whats with the "party people"?Must have missed that one.Know a lot of Aussies,but "party"....not sure about THAT???
Are you on deck 2 or 3?

Some Aussies like to stay up & drink in the lounge then are very loud making their way "home"

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM

Wink On deck 2,mid ship and HOPE
our boat is NOT FULL of "party people".Our TA is Australian and said shes been on a few Scenic cruises and was "nice mix of both types".So we ll just HOPE thats true.And will let her know if thats NOT THE CASE.

Tags
boat, cruise, cruises, customer, forum, lawrence, line, lines, people, reviews, river, scenic, senic, st, tours