Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > River Boat Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Default Uniworld cancels several river cruises
Uniworld has canceled several European river cruises because of issues with water levels, some were scheduled just four days from now and they are giving a full refund and a $500 future credit. River levels in some areas are at 600 year highs and several towns and cities are threatened. The Story
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Avalon and AmaWaterways had to cancel some too. It would be such a disappointment to be so close and get cancelled.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 PM
We just returned from the River Beatrice, Passau to Budapest. Looking at our pictures and the ones on the news is unbelievable. Were we walked along the River near the Park is underwater and you can't see the Park anymore. There is a tower and an archway we walked under and now that archway is underwater and you see a little of the tower. Tragic news, such a beautiful area.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 06-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Administrator

The photos are heartbreaking. My thoughts are with all who are affected.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:21 AM

Wink I ve been reading various sites
and interesting how each river cruise company handled this flooding problem. Some cancelled and others seem to "pretend"no problem and continue on with busing to next town,using hotels,transferring to different ship. Some seem better than others.Good to know how problems are taken care of when booking next cruise.Also, now plan to get "cancel for any reason"insurance,just in case.
Wish I had it now for my June 2014 cruise with Scenic,since many cruisers have posted complaints on other sites re.this problem.
You have to get this WHEN YOU BOOK or too late,it seems.Odd my TA DID NOT know this and I missed out(had even ASKED ).Makes me wonder....

Tags
21, boat, canceled, cancelled, cruises, europe, european, flood, june, levels, river, uniworld, viking, vs, water