Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > River Boat Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 10:47 AM

Thumbs up Top of the line river cruise ship
Just got off the Scenic Sapphire and it was the best ship of 10 river ships I ve been on.

Was my first with this company and not my last,booked another for next yr.

Updated to jr.balcony cabin and loved the perks,just can t find tubs,room service,and butlers on any other that I know of.

Food,service,entertainment good,not great(but better than others I ve been on).Not on par with luxury ocean liners,of course.All tips inc,plus free extra excursions,and free airport pickup.Got off ship owing nothing.REALLY all inclusive.

Didn't care for the itinerary as much as others I ve been on(Budapest to Bucharest)but wanted to see all the Danube and this was my last section.Budapest great,as always but sort of downhill from there.Not as scenic,small towns required bus ride,big cities sort of communist era looking,with some pretty parks and areas.Got to Tranylvania and Draculas castle ,which was sort of fun and weird.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Administrator

The 'space ships' of Scenic Sapphire.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:25 AM

Have you tried Tauck yet? Their Category 7 suites have full size tubs.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:29 AM

I looked at them,but don t think they had full balcony,room service,butler ,etc.Also,not sure they did this particular itinerary(some don t inc.Transylvania),and seems that Cat.was more expensive.
But have heard they re very good also.