Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL, and Other Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 12:19 PM

do you recommend the online check in? the royal website says its easier. any thoughts?
Old 05-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
do you recommend the online check in?
You really need to do that. It actually is almost a mandatory thing, although not quite. Once you do that, all you need to do is then print out your Set Sail pass. You present the Set Sail pass, your IDs, and credit card at the pier and that is all you need. No fumbling around with big ticket booklets and all that. Just one piece of paper per booking. You will be checked-in and gone from the desk in a minute or so.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:00 PM

EWWWWWWWWWW! Im so excited! I got my cruise pack over the Holiday weekend, Im all online-checked in!!! I just cannot wait!! What floor are you on? We are on 7. I was told the higher the better?
Old 06-06-2008, 10:54 PM

are you looking forward to the cruise? im really excited, maybe its b/c its my 1st cruise. I guess Im looking forward to time with my husband, alone, no kids.....
Old 06-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
What floor are you on?
First rule for ships - they are decks, not floors. We are on deck 8. I went whole hog this time and booked an owners suite. The first and perhaps last time I'll do that. We are usually quite content with a standard balcony cabin or junior suite.

As for higher decks being better - that is subjective. Lower decks often ride better in choppy seas - hence one reason older ships had the dining rooms on lower decks. Higher decks appeal to us because I like to be near the pool deck - even though that won't be a factor on this cruise. Higher decks also put you closer to the buffet restaurant - I like to go there early to get coffee and a donut or danish and linger on deck. By then my wife and son are up and we can then go to the dining room for breakfast. Do try the dining room for breakfast and lunch and don't become Windjammer slaves. Some people eat all their meals at the buffet and miss out on the dining room experience.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:32 PM

thanks for the tips! this is going to be a really different experience for me!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Lucky for you that one of the world's foremost cruise experts will be aboard to help you and your husband!
Old 06-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Dave Beers
Administrator
Cruise Commodore
Picture of Dave Beers

Posted June 07, 2008 05:55 PM Hide Post
Lucky for you that one of the world's foremost cruise experts will be aboard to help you and your husband! Razz

Dave
thats very true! if it werent for you and the internet, i would be LOST!

Are you packing "warm" clothes? I have checked the weather, and its only been in the 50's. Whats are the ships like? Do they keep it warm? im thinking of skipping shorts and sandals....
Old 06-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Are you packing "warm" clothes? I have checked the weather, and its only been in the 50's. Whats are the ships like? Do they keep it warm? im thinking of skipping shorts and sandals....
Alaska is a mixed bag when it comes to weather. It could easily be in the 60's or even 70's when our cruise is there. Or it could be in the 50's. Rain is probable here and there.

I plan to have one pair of shorts, one pair of sandals, a windbreaker, at least one sweater, an umbrella, and a light jacket. It won't be so cold as to require 'warm' clothes, but having the windbreaker, sweaters, etc., will allow layering that can be removed or added to as the conditions dictate.

My experience has been that the inside of cruise ships are usually cool. I like it that way. My wife doesn't. There is that sweater thing again,
Old 06-09-2008, 01:15 AM

What goes on at the Captain's Welcome Reception? Is it kinda like a cocktail party?

Closed Thread