Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL, and Other Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 AM

Anyone else going on the Ultimate Caribbean Cruise, 11 days, leaving March 31?

We are very excited, it is far too long to wait

(Edit: Added departure date to title.)
Old 02-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Banned

Hello JMCS. I have just reserved with my brother and sister-in-law. Are we the only 2 out there? The cabin selections have become very limited. Anyway, we are looking forward to a wonderful time, I hope. This is my first Celebrity cruise. It's been so long since you posted your message, I hope you haven't jumped ship! Catch you later.

Don
Sarasota, FL
Old 02-02-2008, 09:05 AM

Hi Don: We are definitely not jumping ship. I am recovering from a really nasty virus and can't wait to enjoy 11 days of awesome food and sunshine. (For a while I wondered if I would live til Mar 31

I see all the verandah staterooms are sold out. Were you lucky enough to catch one of the last ones?
Old 02-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

Hi J,

I glad you're still with us. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I know what that's like. At times I've had such a bad flu that I didn't even care if was going to kill me. I hope you're feeling better now. It may take a couple of weeks before you get your strength back. Hang in there and think of basking in the warm sun.

I'm alone in my cabin so I just took an outside, but all they had was on the Continental deck (Steerage, bottom forward). That won't be too bad I hope. My brother and sister-in-law have something in Concierge Class. Maybe I can squeeze on there deck. Or else I'll just have to be social and mix. I don't mind that in the least. I loved my last 2 cruises on the QE-2 and there are only 30 private balconies on the entire ship. You could buy a car for the price of one of those!

Feel better and stay well,
Don
Old 02-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks Don. At least I have lots of time left to regain my strength. I think I will be afraid to approach humans before our departure date least I pick up something else.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:55 PM

Don, I forgot to ask if you have booked any excursions yet? We were disappointed when they cancelled our Panama excursion a couple of weeks ago, but now they have them all back again.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Banned

Hi J,
Have you checked on our cruise at cruisecritic.com? There are over 30 people going on our cruise who have signed up there. If you register there and go to the Celebrity's Roll Call Forum you will find us already beginning to discuss organizing small groups for private tours (which I prefer to the ship's excursions). You'll find smaller groups get better tours for less money if you haven't tried this before. Also, because we have more than 25 people registered for our cruise at Cruise Critic, Celebrity is hosting a complimentary private party for us. If you register, Celebrity will send you an invitation. It's a nice way to get to meet everyone who you've been posting messages with. Usually the Cruise Director hosts it and sometimes the Captain or other ship's officers drop in. Give it a try and it should be easier to coordinate excursions all at the same forum. One lady has had great experience with a snorkel boat operator in Grand Cayman. My brother and sister-in-law had a great time snorkeling at some beautiful natural park near Cozumel. I've found some operators in Aruba with a good reputation. We'd like to snorkel at those ports. I think I'd like to see the sights in Cartagena rather than spend another day swimming. I'd also like to get a look at the Canal locks and see how they work. It's funny, I've been to 7 Caribbean islands already and all of these are new to me.

Let me know what you think. As you can see, I enjoy snorkeling. I've never seen much of any cultural interest on a Carib. island except for Old San Juan. Bermuda is just wonderful, but it's not anywhere near the Caribbean.

Cheers!
Don
Old 02-02-2008, 05:35 PM

No, I haven't checked out the cruise critic forum. Thanks for the suggestion.

We too love snorkeling and plan to snorkel with the stingrays in the Cayman Islands, giant sea turtels in Cozumel and De Palm Island in Aruba.

I agree that Cartagena is too interesting a place to miss and also plan to give up the water activities that day.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don3323:
Hi J,
Have you checked on our cruise at cruisecritic.com? There are over 30 people going on our cruiseDon
Again thanks Don. I have joined the cruise critic forum.

These forums are such a great outlet for those of us who can't wait for our cruises. We can't gloat to our less fortunate friends so we have no one to share our excitement with unless we want to bore them and watch their eyes glaze over. Here we have a captive audience!
Old 02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

Hi j, What is your first name anyway? I expect to see you over at cruise critic soon and registered for the party! I just posted a long winded letter there recapping our port ideas. Take a look and join in. You certainly can't go on and on about your plans with people who won't be coming or you'll soon find that you always get their answering machine when you call :-). Some people at the forums have lost track of how many cruises they have sailed on. It is addicting. I think I would live on a ship if I could. When I hear people who have been on 30+ cruises with plans for 5 more I have to admit I am green--and not from seasickness either!

See you over there. Let me know if you have any trouble finding us. I'll introduce you.

Cheers. Don

Closed Thread

Tags
31, caribbean, constellation, cruise, march, personal, photos, pictures, review, ultimate