Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL, and Other Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 AM

Hello All,

I am excited about this fabulous 14 day cruise to Alaska. I wanted to start a roll call for our 14 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise Onboard Millennium.

It would be nice to get to know a few fellow travelers before the departure from San Francisco.

What are your expectations of the cruise? Have you booked any expeditions? What are your recommendations to save $$$ in Alaska? What should we do to take advantage of the 14 days aboard Millennium? Any other tips & suggestions? Tell us who you are and why you chose this cruise.

May God bless this trip and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Keith K.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 PM

Hi Keith. There doesn't seem to be any activity on your roll call, sometimes it's like that. You could join ours (ed: on Cruise Critic), it's pretty lively, and the folks are very nice. We would love to see you there!

Edited to remove link as per forum guidelines.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM

Keith,

I just found your post. My husband and I will be on that cruise. We are in our late forties and will be traveling alone. We have always wanted to cruise Alaska and this trip has an awesome itinerary. We are flying into San Francisco a couple days early and staying on Fisherman's Wharf. This will be our first time in San Francisco and have reserved tickets (they sell out in advance) to the evening tour of Alcatraz. My husband is a police officer who also enjoys historical events, so he is looking forward to that one.

In Astoria we have booked the tour to Mt. St. Helen. In Seattle we are hoping to venture out on our own, see the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. We have not been to any of the ports included in this cruise, so have no idea what to expect, except from what I have read.

We have made no plans for Ketchikan. It sounds like a good port to explore. In Juneau we would like to book an excursion on our own to Tracy Arm. The problem we are having is Adventure Bound Cruises leave promptly at 8am, which is our arrival time. They said we may contact them that morning if we arrive early to see if they have room. There are charter boats that make this trip, but they are smaller and take less people so the price is double. The following day we are suppose to sail Hubbard Glacier. I am anxious to see if the cruise ship will be allowed into Hubbard Glacier. From what I read this part of our trip is questionable.

In Skagway we doing the Yukon Exploration and White Pass Railroad. In Sitka the Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest. In Vancouver Sightseeing and Capilano Bridge. In Victoria the Butchart and Butterfly Gardens.

In regard to saving money, we are hoping to keep shopping and souveniers minimal and make this trip all about relaxing and enjoying the scenery. We have not sailed the Millenium, but have been on the Galaxy and Century. I cannot wait to get back into Celebrity's thalassotherapy pool.

We look forward to meeting fellow passengers and hope we all enjoy the trip of a lifetime!

Closed Thread

Tags
14, alaska, call, cruise, millennium, night, onboard, reviews, ultimate