Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL, and Other Lines
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 05:45 PM

I was reading on another cruise web site that Explorer is experiencing problems. They say a propellr is down. They had to skip Labadee and are on their way back to Bayonne. They say they will get there at 3am on Sunday. There is suppose to be a new propeller sitting on the dock waiting to replace the downed one. Hopefully they will be able to get it back up and running again. Don't know what will happen to the schedule if they can not repair it dock side.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-31-2009, 01:56 PM

cruisingUK & denem916 - have your received your docs yet? I elected to get mine via mail. Others that I chat with that are going on this cruise have gotten theirs both e-doc and mail! Just curious.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi kclvt
Thanks for the news about the ship, I hope they repair it without any issues soon. I wouldnt want them to have to miss out islands or come back early.

I have had my travel documents from the TA but not from RCI but have been told they should be here in a few days time.

Not long to go now. Snow here oday, can't wait to get some sun!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:23 AM

Its almost tropical here today.....34 and sunny!

Old 02-05-2009, 08:33 AM

Tropical! Aren't we New Englanders a different breed! We are having a cold one today but it should be in the 40s and 50s over the weekend...time to bring out the shorts!

Our travel docs arrived on Friday of last week. Made it even more exiting to have them in hand. Bad news about the ship but at least we have a little over a month for them to get it going. Please keep us posted!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi We have had 5 days of snow here and so cold, cant wait to get some sun. A friend of mine is on the ship this week so looking forward to getting an update and will let you know what she says - am sure it will all be good!

Not long now, hope the ship is all ok when we get there and NY is snow free
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM

I have been following EOS on another site and it seems that they did repairs in St Thomas yesterday. They are in St Martaan right now but no one has said if the problem has been fully repaired or not.
I don't think I am going as I have not received my documents yet. I chose to have them mailed. Everyone else seems to have theirs but me. I checked with RCCL on Sunday and they had the right address and said they were sent out on the 27th. The lack of confidence that I have in the US Postal Department I will give them until next Wednesday before I call to check on them again.
It has been cold here - it was minus 1 yesterday morning. Today was a heat wave it was 2 above. This weather is getting old and I can't wait to set sail to sunny, warm Caribbean! Only 37 more days...

Old 02-07-2009, 06:23 AM
HI Thanks for the update re EOS. I havent managed to find out anything about this. Hopefully it will be all sorted when we get there - the first few days out of NJ can be a little choppy so I hope everything is in order.
Looking forward to being on the ship having heard so much about it. Cocktails at sailaway around the caribbean - can't wait. (may have to be a mug of soup when we leave NJ as it will be so cold)
Old 02-14-2009, 03:31 AM
Hi here is the latest I can find out on the prop issue: statement from RCI,. "Explorer of the Seas starboard propeller was damaged when it made contact with a submerged object while departing Samana, Dominican Republic, on January 28. While the ship is operating safely, its cruising speed is currently reduced to approximately 18 knots, rather than 22 knots. A dive team attempted to make repairs in Cape Liberty Sunday, but poor underwater visibility prevented that. Repairs will take place when the ship is docked in St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., Thursday
Old 02-14-2009, 05:14 AM

From what I have been reading they worked on it in St Thomas but no one is sure if it is totally repaired or not. The ship was still traveling slow but they had 3 days to go back to Bayonne. Maybe that is all they needed so they went slow. The cruise that just went out last night reported that so far there have been no cancelled or late arriving ports. I will keep you posted if I read anything else but it looks like with cancelling Tortolla they have enough time to limp back to NJ. Only 4 more weeks...Can't wait!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, march, recommendations