Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Roll Calls: Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL, and Other Lines (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/roll-calls-royal-caribbean-celebrity-ncl-other-lines/)
-   -   Explorer of seas 15 March (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/roll-calls-royal-caribbean-celebrity-ncl-other-lines/32732-explorer-seas-15-march.html)

cruisingUK 01-15-2009 02:58 PM

HI anyone else on EOS. We are so excited and have heard some great reviews. We are stayng in NY for a few days before hand but havent worked out how to get to the port yet. Cant wait to get some sun down in the caribbean and exploring the wonderful ship

LisaP 01-15-2009 05:12 PM

Hi cruisingUK. There is at least one other Member on your cruise. I've added a link to this thread on our Roll Call list so they can find you easily.

Denem916 01-16-2009 06:05 AM

That is our cruise too! I cruised Royal Caribbean once before and had a great time so we are back again for more. This time we felt the need for 12 days! Have a great time in NYC before the cruise. That is one of our favorite places to be.

The countdown begins!

cruisingUK 01-16-2009 01:50 PM

Hi Denem916

I cant wait to get on the ship. Hopefully all of the bad weather and snow will have gone by the time we get to New Jersey. There were some great pictures on the net of the EOS covered in snow.

I am sure we will both have a fantastic cruise

kclvt 01-16-2009 05:36 PM

Hi CruisingUK - My husband and I are also on this cruise. Can't wait! This will be our second on Explorer. We were on her back in 2003 for our first cruise and this will be our 6th cruise. What a beautiful ship it was then - hopefully she won't show her age. Only 57 more days until fun and sun. Much better than the cold and snow we have been having. We don't know if we will stay in Bayonne area on Saturday night or just drive down early on Sunday. It is about a 4 hour drive for us. I guess it really depends on the weather forecast.

cruisingUK 01-17-2009 02:51 AM

Hi We are flying into New York on the Thursday and having a few days there before boarding the Explorer. I am trying to work out the best way to get from the hotel to the port. Although it is only 12 miles I have been told that cabs dont like going from NY to NJ and that it will be really expensive. I just wondered if you had any recommendations at all on the best way to get there?

This is my 5th cruise on RCI and I am so excited to be going again.

kclvt 01-17-2009 03:22 PM

UK - where are you staying? We don't know if we will drive down that day or stay over the night before. I really don't want to spend the extra money but am paranoid about missing the ship!

cruisingUK 01-18-2009 12:24 AM

Hi We are staying at the Waldorf as we can use our Hilton Honours points and get a free stay. The hotel is nice and central for seeing the city but 12 miles away from the port. I do a lot of conference calls with people in NY for my job and they are saying that this bad weather is due to stay around for another couple of months, so travelling to the port could be interesting. At least if you stay over the night before your holiday will start sooner!

Denem916 01-20-2009 10:21 AM

Hi CruisingUK...we are coming in from RI which is about a 3.5 hour trip and we wondered the same thing about getting to the ship. I found this website that addresses to ways of getting there. Maybe this will help you? http://www.cruiseliberty.com/dirpark.htm Scroll to the bottom where is says "Public Transportation" which will give you by train and by bus directions.
We are contemplating staying the night before as well but then also thought it might be nice to extend our vacation the night we get back to NYC on the 27th...something to look forward to when we are sad our cruise is over!

cruisingUK 01-20-2009 11:24 AM

Thanks for the web link. We have also booked a night in NY at the end of the cruise - that way we extend our holiday and dont have to worry about rushing to the airport but can relax on the last n=morning of the cruise.

Cant wait