Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM

This will be our 10th (yeah Platinum) Carnival cruise. Leaving out of the Big Easy for the fourth time, bound for Cozumel and Progresso.
I myself am looking forward to VACATION!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-26-2010, 06:25 PM

Have you been on this cruise before. We are going in May. Was wondering what's your plans for the two ports?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Long Time Waiting:
Have you been on this cruise before. We are going in May. Was wondering what's your plans for the two ports?
My daughter and I are also going on this cruise, so excited! This will be my 8th cruise and her 3rd one. We haven't made definite plans for the ports, but are looking at just doing some beach time, shopping and sight seeing. I don't think we are booking any excursions through the ship this time, just going on our own. How about you?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 PM

Hey, this will be our first cruise. Came close many times but things just happened. It's me, my husband, daughter and niece for their High School Graduation. Not sure what we will be doing. Have been checking into alot of things online. Are your from Louisiana?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:23 AM

No, not from Louisiana. We are from Missouri, how about you?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Long Time Waiting:
Hey, this will be our first cruise. Came close many times but things just happened. It's me, my husband, daughter and niece for their High School Graduation. Not sure what we will be doing. Have been checking into alot of things online. Are your from Louisiana?
Ok now, my daughter and I will be leaving 4 weeks from tomorrow - it's getting closer! We are just so excited for it to get here! Anyone picked out any shore excursions to do yet? We are planning a beach day in Cozumel with a little shopping at the port. Now, the problem is, deciding which beach to go to!!

Sue
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 AM

We too, were seriously thinking about Paradise Beach. My son and daughter-in-law went there in March and said it was awesome. We will probably do the beach and then some shopping in the port area too. In Progresso, I think we are going to take the "double decker" bus around town ($3 pp) to check out what we want to do, probably more shopping and then just go to the public beach after that.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:52 AM

Ok, 5/22 cruisers - Is anyone getting worried about the oil spill situation? I just read it has hit the coast of New Orleans. Anyone have any updates. I did read an article that said it would affect "ship traffic" from the Mississippi, but don't understand how it couldn't.

Sue
Old 04-30-2010, 04:53 AM

Sorry correction to previous posting, the article said that it would NOT affect ships cruising out of Mississippi.

Sue
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 AM

As I sit here it seems like I can hear the ticking from the clock counting the seconds off until vacation starts...
It's driving me mad, this waiting....

Not concerned about the oil spill in the least bit. The coast will take a financial hit because of it, and that's sad, BP will take a hit, and that's sad for the worker's (don't care too much about the execs).

I think the outflow of the Mississippi River is many tons per second over what the oil leak releases per day.

In Progresso we are thinking about the Jeep "safari", if not that then Mayan ruins and the beach break combo. Cozumel I've been to countless times. Chakannab is great, I'd recommend it, but I'm not sure what the ladies have in store for me (probably shopping).

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread