Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 AM

Well Slyoldlady, I just checked our cruise personalizer and Princess still says no shore excursions are available. Maybe that is because we are going farther on the cruise. I did get some good information on each port from Cruise Critic and will probably do several stops on our own.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:21 AM

You're probably tight larryk, should see them soon though. We have been waiting to see the prices from Princess before doing too much research so now I'm going to get busy. We normally don't do the whole excursion thing but since the sights we want to see are some distance from the pier we thought we may take advantage of the "...on your own" excursions, in some ports anyway. Our main goal is to maximize time at the attraction so my thought was the princess transfer might be better...could be wrong Anyone have a better suggestion?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 AM

To all, I just talked to Princess about the shore excursions and they told me the range is 60 to 120 days before the cruise for postings.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 AM

Hi Everyone and especially you "Sly..." for answering my post about Paris. This is both my husband's and my 10th or so cruise coming up! We also have one booked in Nov 2009 out of NY and heading to the Western Caribbean. So very excited about the Transatlantic cruise. If anyone is interested in hooking up for Port-of-Calls for any on-your-own style excursions, let me know. My husband is 61 and I'm 55. Neither of us have been to any of these ports before so totally novice in these areas. I love the -At-Sea days so am really looking forward to the first days at sea. We are in the middle of tax season so we are looking for some rest right off the bat! Then we will be geared up for the port of calls. On the Princess web site, the excursions are now listed so anyone got any suggestions. Would love to meet all of you to on board. Where also do you get the countdown icons that are on your posts?
Best regards! Love Cruise'n!!!

NCL Repo Cruise - NYC-Miami, Nov 1, 2009 Norwegian Dawn
Celebrity Millinneum: April 30, 2010
14 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise - San Diego to Vancouver BC April 30, 2010
Celebrity Constellation: B2B - 28 Days
Transatlantic-Barcelona-Ft Lauderdale, Nov 6, 2010,
Exotic Southern Caribbean - Nov 20, 2010
Princess Diamond May 06, 2011
Alaska & Far East Adventure Beijing to Vancouver BC 23 Days

Past Sailings:

Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale - Copenhagen, Emerald Princess, April-May 2009
Mexican Riviera, Ru** Princess, Nov 2008
Mediterranean, Celebrity Millennium, Nov-Dec 2007
Caribbean, RCCL, 1999
1990-1999:
Mexican East & West Coasts, Carnival Cruiselines, 10 times (younger and could drink more and enjoyed the Fun Ships!) Sailing dates and names of the ships are a blur, but I know I had fun, cause I'm still cruising!

One that started it all:
Caribbean, Sun Princess, May, 1986
Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM

Hi Suzierue, welcome aboard! I just was checking out the St. Petersburg tours with ALLA-TOUR and DenRus vice Princess. According to the Cruise-Chat line, they are competitive with Pricess. Check out the web sites and see if you are interested in teaming-up. Anybody else interested?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Where also do you get the countdown icons that are on your posts?

Hi again suzierue, there is a thread in the "frequently asked questions" section that explains the clock well. While your there, make it say we'll be leaving next week so we all feel better
Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 PM

I'm just so excited! We've gone on many cruises before, but never a Trans-Atlantic! Hey Larry, what is the web site for the ALLATOURS? Me and my fellow, have never been to these ports before so we would love to take in anything so we are game to hooking up with others in tours! Thanks for writing you guys, this just adds to the anticipation!!! Better than Christmas!!

Going to try the code now, hope it works!
[IMG:left][link=http://www.cruisetickers.com/][image noborder]http://www.cruisetickers.com/ticker/9512509641/ticker.png[/image][/link][link=http://www.eCruiseReviews.com]Read and post cruise reviews[/link][/IMG]

NCL Repo Cruise - NYC-Miami, Nov 1, 2009 Norwegian Dawn
Celebrity Millinneum: April 30, 2010
14 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise - San Diego to Vancouver BC April 30, 2010
Celebrity Constellation: B2B - 28 Days
Transatlantic-Barcelona-Ft Lauderdale, Nov 6, 2010,
Exotic Southern Caribbean - Nov 20, 2010
Princess Diamond May 06, 2011
Alaska & Far East Adventure Beijing to Vancouver BC 23 Days

Past Sailings:

Transatlantic Ft Lauderdale - Copenhagen, Emerald Princess, April-May 2009
Mexican Riviera, Ru** Princess, Nov 2008
Mediterranean, Celebrity Millennium, Nov-Dec 2007
Caribbean, RCCL, 1999
1990-1999:
Mexican East & West Coasts, Carnival Cruiselines, 10 times (younger and could drink more and enjoyed the Fun Ships!) Sailing dates and names of the ships are a blur, but I know I had fun, cause I'm still cruising!

One that started it all:
Caribbean, Sun Princess, May, 1986
Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Follow these instructions for the tickers, with special note of using BB Code.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:22 PM

Suzierue, ALLA-TOUR.com is their web address. I am leaning towards DenRus as their parties are 16 or less and their river cruise is on a boat and not a hydrofoil. Their web site talks about some cruise lines trying to delay departures if you don't book the ship's tour but they really can't delay you when you are at the gangway. The web site also gives a great breakdown of the tour.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 PM

I was able to print my boarding passes today and lo and behold the shore excursions became available. We booked Tallinn and Gdansk because if weather is bad the ship won't dock, this happened to some friends of ours last year, and I wouldn't want to have booked something on our own and lose it. My wife also booked the tulip trip in Rotterdam and is looking for someone else to go with her (not me). Any takers?

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, call, cruise, emerald, europe, excursions, friends, httpcruisechatcomeveforumsatpcf6671033933m72210378 04, meeting, princess, review, roll, shore, trans, transatlanic, transatlantic