Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 04:57 PM

Hi everyone! I realize it's taken such a long time to get here but most of you know that I HAD to take a quick trip to England directly after we got back from Europe to recoup that lost port day in London! Egg and chips for lunch just didn't cut it Ginny! No way no how was I going to miss my cousin in England! Scott was such a sweety and sent baby and I right back, nine days after we left Copenhagen! Had a wonderful time. Typical England; rain with intermittent sunshine!

I want to thank Larryk's son for responding to my first post and prodding his dad into responding. Meeting Larry and Ginny was a life turning event for Scott and I. Such wonderful, sincere, genuine, happy people. We've become life long friends in such a short time. Scott and I just adore both of you. Larry with his wonderful red wine and port fetish and Ginny with her "show me your jewellery and shoes and clothes". Had I know I would meet somebody who would actually say those things I would have been more shallow and packed MORE stuff!!! Sydney just adores her Paris t-shirt and hope Angie does as well as they match. Suzie and Joel! what can I say? I think Joel packed even more clothes than I did and he did look swish in his white tux! I think Suzie, Ginny and I just rollicked with laughter and zany comedy and one-offs throughout Western Europe! Nothing was sacred or off limits. The photos prove all that and more! Those poor young men guarding all those castles we toured! I'm crying with laughter just thinking about it! We had wonderful interesting dinners and awe-inspiring tours and gorgeous formal nights and we all have the photos to prove it. Our gorgeous Val and her dry, dry wit of husband who met his match in mine. Something he said rarely happened. We miss you all. Thank heaven for e-mail. We are burning up the lines with that almost daily. It's very hard being back to the grind of normal life. We are looking forward to (hopefully) seeing Larry and Ginny next spring and I just can't imagine not seeing Suzie and Joel ever again. We will all try hard to remedy that. That's the only sad thing I find about crusing. We are all so far flung and work/time committments are difficult to manage sometimes.

When I was in England though I did get a chance to have lunch and spend the afternoon with good friends we met on our first cruise! It was wonderful being with Steve and Chris again and just talking as if 6 years hadn't happened at all! They are off to cruise New Zealand in the fall! Lucky them! I'm dying to cruise Australia! ~sigh~ sometime I hope. Anyway, thanks to you six for making awesome memories for Scott and I on our first (but not last) transatlantic crossing and Euorpean tour. I managed to whittle Scott's 980 photos down to 460 printed and we have yet to carve out the time to view the 8 hours of video he took. I still have to get the 125 England photos printed and albumed as well as enjoy our stunning Canadian summer. Take care all of you. It was by far the best cruise we have ever taken!

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, call, cruise, emerald, europe, excursions, friends, httpcruisechatcomeveforumsatpcf6671033933m72210378 04, meeting, princess, review, roll, shore, trans, transatlanic, transatlantic