Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Roll Calls
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 09:32 AM

My husband and I are cruising the Emerald Princess on April 29 for the Western Europe 17 day Transatlantic leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Port stops in Portugal, England, France, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Norway etc. Anyone else going? (our fifth Princess cruise)

Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Not that this helps u in any way, but...my parents are doing that exact cruise, except they are continuing on for the 27 days. I'm sooo jealous. Wont get to do something like that for a long time. Who can take 30 days off of work? Not us!!!! I have another 30 years until I can do something like that!! Don't need to say this, but: Have a GREAT time!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Hi Akitadog, and welcome to cruise-chat.com. I just took a look at our Roll Call list, the first thread located here, and you do indeed have some company on your cruise. I've moved this post to the Roll Call section so that you can continue there.

Keith, your parents are welcome to join the Roll Call, too.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:57 PM

Hello Akitadog, My wife and I will be joining you on the Emerald this spring. While this is our 9th cruise with Princess it will be our first transatlantic and my first visit to Europe. (come to think of it, it will be the first time Iíve ventured more than a stones throw from home) GETTING VERY EXCITED!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:28 AM
ty Lisa. I've been trying to get my parents to get ideas from here from a while now. Guess you really can't teach an old dog new tricks
Old 01-07-2009, 10:48 AM

Hi All! Thanks for the wonderful welcome. I am extremely excited about this cruise as it is our first transatlantic. We've cruised Alaska, the eastern and southern Caribbean and the Mayan Riviera but it's now time to get a taste of Europe. I have family in England so we're very much looking forward to the Dover port stop. I have to admit though I'm feeling a little panicked. This is the longest cruise we've ever taken and left our kids. It's definately a Up/Down feeling of nausea/excitement and we haven't even left port!

We are on a cabin upgrade so I don't know where we'll end up. I'm one of those people who don't care what cabin I'm in providing I'm on the ship! Hubby is a little more particular. I understand we have 3 formal nights which we both look forward to very much. Hubby looks so gorgeous in a tux! Lets hope we get good crossing weather and moderate rain in Europe! April is SUCH a long way off and I want to escape the dreary days and snow NOW!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:47 AM

My wife and I are on the Emerald for the full 27 days and are interested in meeting up with you. We should arrange a meeting place. Any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2009, 07:39 AM

WOW! You two are doing the full 27 days! I thought 17 was decadent! LOL We'd love to meet with you and your wife for a drink before dinner. A little closer to the cruise date we'll set it up; maybe in the main piano atrium before dinner? Hubby will drag me away from a hot tub! Sounds lovely, thank you. This is so exciting!

We met up with a wonderful couple from England via this website for our first cruise 5 years ago. We're still good friends and met with them in Vancouver before they went to Hawaii and we were returning from Alaska. What fun to meet people and then celebrate in different counties around the world. We have met and kept in touch with many wonderful people through our cruising. The internet truly is an amazing place and our Christmas card list just keeps expanding!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:03 AM

Sounds like a plan. I assume you mean the first evening for meeting-up. Will keep in touch.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Hey, Slyoldlady, why don't you and your wife join Larryk and us for a pre-dinner drink on our cruise?

Closed Thread

Tags
atlantic, call, cruise, emerald, europe, excursions, friends, httpcruisechatcomeveforumsatpcf6671033933m72210378 04, meeting, princess, review, roll, shore, trans, transatlanic, transatlantic