Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Roll Calls (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/roll-calls/)
-   -   Crown Princess Canada & COlonial America Oct 17/10 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/roll-calls/6810-crown-princess-canada-colonial-america-oct-17-10-a.html)

Haze56 06-14-2010 05:46 PM

WE are booked on Crown Princess Canada and Colonial America Oct. 127/10
Embarcation Quebec City (our favourite place) and disembarcation Fort Lauderdale.
It will be our first time on Princess

penny3333 06-15-2010 06:59 AM

Hi Haze56, congratulations on your up-coming cruise! I hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite line, so far. In fact, I'm so homesick to be on a Princess ship that I just have to book one soon. We were supposed to go on the Island to the Panama Canal in April, but I just couldn't swing the fare. I'm hoping next year I can. Have a marvelous time!

Bub 06-16-2010 07:57 AM

I love Quebec City too. I was just there two weeks ago. Beautiful and as unique as ever!

B

peter l 06-16-2010 08:15 AM

We have been to Quebec many times and Montreal as well. We love the Old Quebec and walking the many streets such as Petite Rue Champlain and having a drink in one of the many quaint restaurants and topping it off with a meal at Le Concorde in the revolving restaurant.I like the idea of a cruise originating in Quebec and ending in FL.

Peterl

Haze56 06-16-2010 10:59 AM

Peter,
Thank-you for your note. We have done a fair amont of cruising , about 21 cruises but majority have been with CUnard and Holland America. Perhaps you could tell me a little about the dress code on Princess? Cunard is very upscale and Holland America is above something like Norwegian (which we have also been on)but I have no idea about Princess. I am in particular thinking of formal night. Any info would be appreciated.

Haze56 06-16-2010 11:03 AM

I just noticed a typo in my origianl posting. Cruise begins OCt 17/2010 although it is in Quebec City overnight and sails on the 18th.
This works well for us as we will be arriving late on 17th by train from Toronto. Another appeal to the cruise. There are also 3 ports of call we have never been to. Saguenay town.
Norfolk Virginia and Charleston. I am really excited aobaut going into Charleston.

penny3333 06-16-2010 02:48 PM

Princess dress code will be like Holland America. On a 7 night cruise you should have 2 formal nights. Most women wear cocktail dresses and the men wear a suit or slacks with a jacket, shirt and tie. There are some that will actually be in formal attire as well as those that will not honor the dress code.

Haze56 06-17-2010 05:49 PM

Thanks Penny. The cruise is 13 days. I know that the formal nights usually occur on sea days
so we have 3 sea days so I am thinking maybe 3 formal days.Knowing that it is similar to Holland America whihc is different from CUnard,
is very helpful.