Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 11:50 AM
On my last couple cruises the dress code on formal night is going down. I know on my last cruise last November i didnt wear a suit or tux. I just simply had on a nice dress shirt with some slacks. I'm not really in the mood anymore for formal nite like i used to be.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 10-02-2008, 02:14 PM

I agree with cousins it is not so formal any more and has changed over the years, my first cruise was on the norway ncl. over 20 years ago and that was very formal.. but now sport coat and tie for guys, my son would wear dress pants, dress shirt and tie and my wife and daughter wear formal dinner dress. only a hand full of guys wear tuxes. but as sonny says you can get some great pics.. enjoy your trip mike
Old 10-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi guys

Just back from Liberty, had a great holiday but felt the tux was a bit wasted, people hardly dressed up not to mind wearing tux. there were only a few dressed up and while it was nice for photos, I thought that a suit would have been fine,and to be honest alot of people dont make the effort at all not to mind anything else!

so save your money and spend it elsewhere on the ship!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:49 AM

On formal night I saw several men wearing tuxedo t-shirts: black t-shirts with a print of a tuxedo. I was surprised that those were allowed.

If you don't want to do formal night you can always go to the Windjammer Cafe.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
On formal night I saw several men wearing tuxedo t-shirts: black t-shirts with a print of a tuxedo.
Now that is just plain tacky and should not have been acceptable. I don't do tuxes anymore, but at least wear a jacket and tie on the formal nights.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I dress with nice slacks and a clean pressed shirt for formal nights. We even had our photos taken with the Ship Back drop on Mariner last September, and gave the photos to our kids as presents. My family knows that I do not even own a suit jacket or a tie-they wouldn't even think that the photo was of me if I wore one. I'm on vacation-it's only my opinion, but I don't dress up for anything, unless someone wants me to be in a wedding party. I've never had fun wearing a tie.
Happy Cruise!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
On formal night I saw several men wearing tuxedo t-shirts: black t-shirts with a print of a tuxedo.
Now that is just plain tacky and should not have been acceptable.

I agree. And it wasn't just one guy who did it, but several and I don't think they were all together. If you don't want to dress, go to the Windjammer or do room service. I don't think they should have been allowed in. They didn't even have a jacket over the tee.

Maybe next time I'll wear a t-shirt with a print of a nice dress.

I saw a few tuxes, but overall men were wearing jackets and ties.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:39 AM

From all I've been reading lately the formal dress on RCI has become less & less formal which suites me fine. The only problem is that we've got to much time built up with Princess to change now lines now.
On the Island P most people were dressed for dinner but nothing was said if you didn't.

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, caribbean, celebrity, code, dress, eclipse, formal, forum, night, nights, rccl, reviews, royal, seas, simepormal