Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2004, 01:01 PM

I agree that it doesn't sound fair with charging the full rate for an infant; however, each business has the right to set its own rules and regs. There are so many great lines out there. Why are you insistent on staying with RCL if this financial requirement does not fit your family at this time? Why don't you cruise with the lines that you have found more friendly in this area? Why not take RCL off your list? I am not trying to be mean, really. But why are you so stuck on RCL for your personal cruising experience while your little one is so young?
Old 02-14-2004, 03:21 AM

I personally feel that babies should not be taken on a cruise. And that RCI is well within their rights to charge a full fare.

I have a 1 yr old nephew, who loves looking at pictures and other cruise stuff from our past cruises, and definitely plan to take him on a cruise, ONE HE IS OLD ENOUGH to enjoy it. And I have not even considered RCI or Carnival for this "plan ahead" trip...I have only considered Disney. I feel that children, under the age of 7 or so, dont belong on a ship. They dont know what it is all about, and many times they are annoying to other guests.

And as a medical professional, If your child is not over a year old, I would not reccomend taking it on a cruise ship, or any other "tight quartered" area like this. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!! A baby's immune system is very weak, and things like SARS, RSV, and many other respiratory illness could be FATAL, to your child. Is that a risk you REALLY want to take??

Anyway, enough said.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:21 AM

Stay at home with baby!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 PM

I'm taking my six year old on our next cruise, it will be her first. I think she is finally old enough to enjoy it and the cruise lines have finally come around to proving family options. I am of course going on a more family centered short length cruise 4 days during the weekend instead of a weekend party cruise. I think this will be long enough for her to experience everything and short enough that she doesn't get overstimulated. That being said it is totally off the subject of what you are asking.

I too believe, and I too am a C&A member, that RCCL is concentrating short-sightedly on profits in a lot of areas. This just appears to be another example. While I would not take an infant on a cruise, I can see why someone might want to especially in the situation you have outlined where its a family vacation. You shouldn't have to pay full price. There should be a reduced fee of some kind. I'll send a note to the addresses above in support of you if it will help, but I would agree with one other poster and ask the family if you can find a cruise at the same time, same length for same or less money would they consider moving their trip to a more hospitable cruise line.

I've done group cruises before and have had the necessity to change lines after the inital deposit was made due to a lines inability to accomodate our group as initially we believed they could or would.

Closed Thread

Tags
babies, baby, berth, charge, coast, cost, cruise, full, guard, infant, line, price, rci, regulations, rfainrcclcom, ship