Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2008, 11:29 AM

Hi everyone. The Hubby & I are wanting to do a Hawaiian cruise next year. We usually cruise at the end of Apr. but RCCL only has May cruises listed which is fine. Has anyone done a cruise to or from Hawaii? Which is better & what cruise line? Any suggestions will be helpful..
Thanks in advance!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM

Any of the major lines of choice from the west coast would be a good way to see the islands. I think I'd avoid the ships sitting in Hawaii unless time off becomes a factor. There are also several ships repositioning that time of year setting up for Alaska sailings. Some hit Hawaii in the process. Princess and HAL are going to be the only R/T options during that time frame from California. Golden Princess from Los Angeles might be a good one to look at.

The only RCCL I see is a repositioning cruise on Rhapsody OS on Apr 28th from Honolulu to Vancouver.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Hello Allygirl; we went to Hawaii R/T from L.A. on Princess last April and loved it. A big question is always, "what about all those sea days?"; we love them. There are plenty of activities if you so choose, or it's nice to just relax--I mean really relax.

We also took our first Holland America cruise last year (Baltic) and were very impressed. I think we will try HAL next time we go to Hawaii.

Either would be a wonderful cruise. One difference I notice is Princess is cutting out Kona next season making it 14 days instead of 15; they may be doing this to offset the increase because of the fuel supplement. HAL is staying with 15 days.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 PM

My wife and I did the R/T 15 night Hawaii cruise on Serenade of the Seas this past Oct from San Diego.( They also have an April R/T )Out of 7 cruise's,this was best cruise,best staff and best ship so far. It was a great trip and loved all the sea days just to chill out. We liked the ship so much,we are going on it in May to Alaska.
CCL Elation 2005
CCL Pride 2006
RCCI Splendor 2006
RCCI Serenade Hawaii 2007
RCCI Serenade Alaska 2008
CCL Ecstasy 2008
RCCI AOS 2009
RCCI Voyager 2009
CCL Conquest 2010
CCL Ecstasy 2010
Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 AM

I would go with NCL without a doubt. We loved the fact that they had freestyle cruising. We could dine anywhere and at anytime and even by ourselves. They were great! Service was great as well as the food. We will sail with NCL again!

Shannon
Old 02-21-2008, 06:09 AM

Princess offers Personal Choice which is the same concept as Freestyle, except it is only the dining room menu. However, you can select the time you want to eat. I would select Princess over HAL because the food is much better on Princess, to me. Take a look at itineraries, price, length of time in ports, and select from there. Let us know which one you decide on!!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:57 PM

Time is an issue. My plan is to take the long flight to Hawaiia day before, board the ship the next day then cruise the ten or so days to Ensanada or wherever. We like RCCL but would consider others.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
coast, cruise, hawaii, time, west