Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 AM

We are taking an 8 day cruise on the Radiance beginning 11/25. We have cruised on the Grandeur and Sovereign plus two Celebrity cruises. How does the Radiance compare? We are taking our adult children and have booked four balcony rooms. We want this to be special and hope that the Radiance was a good choice! The itinerary sounded perfect for their first cruise. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:14 AM

Hi Nadine,

We too are going on Radiance 11/25 on backtoback, yes you have picked the right ship! Radiance is perfect, the staff are friendly, she was upgraded January this year, right after we left her, We have been on Radiance 6 times in total so that speaks for itself. What balcony cabins do you have? we are on deck 9 different cabins for the 2 weeks, bummer, but we only booked a few months ago. Anything else just ask and hopefully I can help

Helen
Scotland UK
Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 AM

Hey again Nadine!!

Just noticed you have sailed on Sov too, now she IS our favorite ship, I think since 1999 we have been on her 12 times, but never got back on since she was refurbished, when did you sail on Sov? we have many friends who work on her, we need to go back!!

Helen
Old 06-16-2006, 01:12 PM

You'll love this ship!! We were on it for 2 weeks and chose it through word of mouth. There were many on our cruise that chose this ship because it is their favorite. The new Captain is a talker....and always prepared with a fun quote of the day whereas he uses a new word he learned from a passenger the previous day. You know his "speech" is done when he signs off with...HURDY GURDY, AND HAVE YOURSELF A COOKIE. ( Best place to bump into him...He likes to spend his off-time at the Seattle's Best coffee bar.) Take in the many pranks, jokes and illusions of the short bartender @ the Schooner Bar. (You will also be in amazement of the entrance to this bar, as it really smells like your on an old schooner boat.) And if you have a balcony room on 7th deck forward, you are in for a royal treat....Cathrine the room steward was the best!! She took note of our everyday needs. Even giving us an extra bucket of ice, due to noticing we like to fill our water bottles...without us even asking for it. It was the little things that made a difference for us when it came to Cathrine. And for a poolside massage, Nadine from Africa gave the BEST massages when I got a migraine. I went back to the Spa twice and personally requested her for 2 more massages.
Would I book another cruise on Radiance...You betcha!!! I miss all the crew. It was like a second home.
Crown Princess April/07 - Fun In The Sun in Eastern Caribbean
RCI Brilliance Of The Seas March/08 - Here We Go Again
RCI Vision Of The Seas Dec/08 - Joining Sis On Her Redneck Honeymoon in Mexico
Old 06-16-2006, 02:36 PM

We were on the Sovereign in 1991! It was our first cruise so she will always be special to us. But we have yet to be on a ship we didn't like. We are excited about the positive comments regarding the Radiance. I didn't know she had been updated in January. That is great.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:07 PM

Sorry explorer50uk, I forgot to answer your other question! We are on deck 8. Someday we would like to do a backtoback, too. A week or ten days is never enough!
Old 06-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Nadine

We are on deck 9 for both cruises, when we left Radiance in February she went right in to dry dock in Freeport. My daughters fiance was on Radiance at that time, he said they did a good job on her. You will love it.

Helen
Old 06-19-2006, 12:25 PM

Our son & daughter-in-law will be celebrating their 20th anniversary while we are on the cruise. Pretty neat that they welcomed the whole family on their second honeymoon. She did a lot of searching for a good price and I think she found a real bargain. We are doing a pre-cruise overnight. They have us booked at the Yankee Clipper in Ft. Lauderdale. I hope it is a nice hotel. We booked this cruise almost a year ago, so it has been a long wait. Now we are all getting excited!
Old 06-23-2006, 11:02 AM

Hello Nadine,
We will be on the same cruise, celebrating our 35th anniversery. Our brother and sister-in-law will also be traveling with us.

explorer50uk,
Good to see you again.

Ron
Old 06-26-2006, 02:56 PM

Congratulations on your 35th anniversary! We celebrated our 40th last year on a Southern Caribbean cruise. It was wonderful. Can't wait for November!

Closed Thread