Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 09:48 PM

I also posted on the General Chat forum before I saw the RCCL forum.
Hi Everyone

Well we are taking the plunge and are going to take our first cruise. We have three kids ages, 13, 10 and 4. I did some research into DCL and though it is very appealing it seems to be expensive (1700US dollars a day for March break 2008). I expect prices to be high for this time period but 1700 a day? My second choice is RCCL. Not that it is second but just another choice as it appears to offer plenty and does not rely on "Disney" to promote it's cruises. My question is? Can you recommend a RCCL ship for first time cruisers? Looking at Western Caribbean Haiti,Jamaica,Cozumel etc. Does RCCL staterooms hold families of five or would I be better off getting connecting staterooms? TIA
Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 PM

Hello frexicle, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I would highly recommend a "Voyager" class ship. I've been on all of the RCCL ships and the "Voyager" class are my favorite. Seeing as how it's going to be your first cruise, there is no way for you to compare any of the ships. The "Voyager" class ships are the only ships that have ice skating rinks. I would also recommend getting connecting cabins. You will appreciate have two bathrooms and being able to have some privacy when you close the door that joins the cabins.

Sonny
Old 03-14-2007, 08:47 AM

What else besides the rink on the voyager ships do you feel would be a better alternative thanvlet's say the freedom ships?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by frexicle:
I did some research into DCL and though it is very appealing it seems to be expensive (1700US dollars a day for March break 2008)
$1,700 a day sounds WAY too high and incorrect. Maybe it's $1,700 per person for the trip?

I would definately double-check that.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:10 AM

The other thing that stands out on a "Voyager" class ship is the Promenade, a full size basketball court, and a rollerblade track.

Sonny
Old 03-17-2007, 07:22 PM

frexicle,
I just returned today from our cruise on the Navigator of the Seas!!We have two sons, a 12 year old and a 7 year old. We hardly saw the 12 year old the entire week. The 7 year old enjoyed the Adventure Club! We got adjoining promenade rooms. It was a little tight, but we were only in the rooms to sleep and shower. As Sonny stated, it was great having two bathrooms!! I think next time I would get two adjoining outside rooms. It was fun to look down over the Promenade the first night for the parade, but that was it. Plus, I felt a little disoriented not waking up with the sun. On the other hand, it was nice to have a dark room for the kids to sleep in.
There were tons of things to do with the kids such as family bingo, karoake with the kids, rock climbing, inline skating, ice skating, basketball, shuffleboard, pingpong, 9 hole puttputt,shows that were age appropriate.( and some shows that were not, but it was clearly marked adults only and they were funny) to name a few. The kids' club was the best part for my husband and me. We were able to spend time together as a family (minus the 12 year old :0) and still have a little romance too!!!! The staff went out of their way with my boys!!!
It was just fantastic all around!!!
The only negative thing I can say about the Navigator towards kids is the pools were deep, I think from 4.5 ft to 5.5 ft. But all the kids were in the hotubs having a blast!! They do have an adult only pool/hottub too. I think some of the other Voyager ships have a kids' swimming area, but they removed it from the Navigator and added more space for the teens.
I would highly recommend a family cruise. Feel free to contact me and we can "talk" more! It is time for me to get in bed and I am trying to convince my husband that he needs to turn down my bed and put chocolates on my pillow :0)
Bopper

Closed Thread