Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 07:22 AM

hi everyone, i just went to majesty of sea on november and loved it, and like they say once you booked your first cruise you do get hooked. im allready looking to booked explorer of the sea for jan 2008. any suggestions what to look forward too.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:10 AM

Hello. Our first cruise was on the Monarch, the same class as the Majesty. I booked the Explorer, before we even got off the Monarch. Going from the Majesty to the Explorer was like WOW What a difference. I didn't feel anymore crowded. We did the Freedom this past June. That was really WOW If you can swing it, try to get a balcony, it will enhance your experience even more. The Exlorer has a Johnny Rockets, they charge a surcharge, it think its about $4 a person. They also have a wonderful parade the first night on the promenade, and of course the ice rink. Overall, she is wonderful. I don't think you can go wrong on any RCCL ship. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 PM

Hi Julianna, like Lil'Lori said... WOW! is what you can look forward to. You can check out the Explorer pictures I took if you want to. Just CLICK HERE then click on the ship you want to see.

Sonny
Old 02-22-2007, 01:34 PM

thanks so much for all information cant wait for this cruise in this ship. i also took a royal promenade room.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 PM

JULIANNA,we leave Marc 18th for our cruise on the Explorer. We booked a GS, I'm very excited I have stayed on balconies before but never a Grand Suite thought since it is our 15th Anniversary.... I will let you know of all the wows when I return. Anything in particular you would like me to look for and report back? or if anyone else has anything to tell me about the Explorer I will welcome all comments and suggestions. Thanks for those pictures Sonny I enjoyed them. I hope the 10th deck is not going to be too high, I like to watch the waves at night and see the different colours of the water duing the day. I'm soooo excited.
Cheers
Leigh

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-23-2007, 08:49 PM

We are also sailing on the 18th in a GS deck 10. This will be first GS for us also, we can't wait!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:32 AM

SONNYV - Took your slide show of Explorer 2005 - Great PICS ! We are scheduled 4/9/07 - NOW, after seeing your photos, I really can't wait to be cruising again. This is truly a great looking ship and really impressive sitting at bert and seen from land.
Thanks again for sharing.

Peter

Old 02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
We booked a cruise balcony room #8660...Leigh, you can let me know if you sneak a peak...is that room to far in the back (as far as rocking) and if by chance you get inside...is the balcony view obscured in any way???Ha,ha
Old 02-25-2007, 08:34 AM

Karen Y...I'm sure we will run into each other in the halls. We'd be the cabin with the steady flow of people checking out the view....we are travelling with 12 people all of which would love to switch places with me. Oh well they had their chance. Feel free to pop by and say hi. Cousins.....our cabin was going to be 6656 and friends have 6658 which is one ahead (and 2 decks down) of your's (if you look at the deck plans. We will definately be in 6658 so I will note whether or not you are feeling the motion. We also have friends right above on the 7th deck so I will check out this one as well. Hopefully the seas will be calm for both our sailings, let me know if you want me to check out anything elso. I will also get some pictures of both those cabins and I can email them over to you if you like. My email address is enright@magma.ca. When do you sail?
Leigh

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
My bad...didn't realize it was 2008!!! I'll have to let you know how it is. We go Sept 28.
Thanks though!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, explorer, fascination, freedom, grand, owners, pictures, plasma, royal, royalcaribbean, sea, seas, suite, webshot