Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Hello there.

Any replies greatly appreciated.

First cruise next month (on Mariner with RCCL) and wondering about the vow renewal service.

Has anyone any experience of this and any comments?

I'd love to organise it as a surprise for my husband of 4 years but not sure if it would be what he'd enjoy!

Thanks,
Sinead Flannery
Old 10-14-2006, 11:06 AM

Hello there.

Any replies greatly appreciated.

First cruise next month (on Mariner with RCCL) and wondering about the vow renewal service.

Has anyone any experience of this and any comments?

I'd love to organise it as a surprise for my husband of 4 years but not sure if it would be what he'd enjoy!

Thanks,
Sinead Flannery
Old 10-15-2006, 11:50 AM

I think you're idea is a great one (from a woman's point of view)! I would love to do something like that, but I was way too nervous the first time around getting married 7 years ago. But if we were to ever renew our vowels, I think I would want to do it on a cruise ship. I can't think of anything any more romantic! Maybe some guys will voice their opinion and you can see a guys point of view... as if theirs really counts.. I hope you have a great time no matter what you decide!

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 10-15-2006, 11:58 AM

Hey, I say go for it! It will be what ya'll make it regardless of the setting...right?

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 10-15-2006, 03:19 PM

Thanks for your replies.

I'd love to renew our vows but was a bit apprehensive that it was the sort of thing other cruisers would snigger at as being silly...!

I think I'll just go for it! It 's true, it's what you make of it.

Sinead.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:39 PM

Please do, if that is what you want in your heart to do. I even told my husband that if we ever did, that would be the place! We are cruising on the Freedom for our first cruise and I seen a picture of the chapel on the ship and it is so beautiful!

Best Wishes,
Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 10-16-2006, 06:20 AM

My husband and I renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary on a cruise. This was on Princess so I don't know what RCCI does but it was a very nice ceremony. It was set up in one of the lounges and we had champagne and cake afterwards. I'm guessing that there were 20 couples renewing their vows. The captain read the renewal vows. I found it very moving mainly because I was so nervous during my wedding ceremony, I don't even remember what was said! We received a photo, photo album and the vow renewal certificate signed by the captain. It was fun. I definitely think you should do it.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Like Cruising Nole, my husband and I also renewed our wedding vows on Princess. Similarly, I can't answer for Royal Caribbean, yet we thought it lovely. I surprised him with it as a way to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.

I wrote about it here if you'd like to take a look - again, consider that it was a different ship and cruise line: http://www.cruisereviews.com/Romance.htm

I highly recommend it.

Closed Thread

Tags
anniversary, caribbean, carnival, ceremony, cruise, cruises, pictures, princess, renewal, renewals, royal, ship, tacky, vow, vowel, vows