Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2006, 07:53 AM

My husband and I are taking our 3 children (23, 20, 17) on a Radiance cruise this Thanksgiving (about 3 weeks from now). Is it too late to book excursions now? We're going to Key West, Cozumel, Georgetown and Montego Bay. We'd like to see some ruins in Cozumel (hiking, etc.) and maybe snorkeling somewhere else. Any suggestions? Book through cruise line? Also, my kids are worried that the ship and excursions will be full of "geezers". Comments?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:51 AM

HI MaryaliceZ

You will have a great time on the Radiance. I am going on her again in Feb 2007. The ruins are great I highly recommend them. As far as geezers go there will be a good mixture of age groups on the ship even in your kids age group. In Montego Bay you really want to visit Dunn's Falls. But do it in a group and try not to venture away to far. Just my advice but I am sure others will agree. IN Georgetown there are beaches to visit and you can actually mail post card and stuff from HELL. In Cozumel if the tour is avaiable I recommend Chichen Itza. It normally books out quick. You can still book tours with RCCL online or with your travel agent. If you wait till you get on the ship you will want to book as soon as your board.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-30-2006, 08:27 PM

Hi MaryaliceZ, welcome to Cruise-Chat! We were in Montego Bay a couple of weeks ago. We took a cab tour because our friend wanted to see some sites. Dunn's River Falls is in Ocho Rios which would be a long ride from Montego Bay. It's not too late to book excursions. You can even book them onboard the ship. In Grand Cayman, I would highly suggest the Stingray City excursions. I alway use Captain Marvin's for that. You can save money if you book directly with a tour company on the internet. Here is a link to Captain Marvins if you want to take a look. CLICK HERE

Hope this is of some help...

Sonny
Old 11-05-2006, 06:34 AM

Thanks for your help. In MoBay, I wish we could go to Dunn's River Falls but too far. I'm thinking of a catamaran snorkeling trip to Margaritaville. Know anything about that? 2 weeks from today - can't wait!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:45 AM

We are taking the same cruise. I have 17 year old twin boys going with us. We are doing Mayfield Falls trip that ends in Margaritaville from a-z jamaica tours on our Jamaica day because Dunns Falls is a 2 hour ride from the ship. Stingray City in Cozumel.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:13 AM

Thanks kjudge. I checked the A-Z Jamaica Planners website and there are a couple of tours we might be interested in. The one to Mayfields Falls does sound nice. How long does it take to get there? My 17 yr. old is a girl. Who knows, maybe they'll get together!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryaliceZ:
Thanks kjudge. I checked the A-Z Jamaica Planners website and there are a couple of tours we might be interested in. The one to Mayfields Falls does sound nice. How long does it take to get there? My 17 yr. old is a girl. Who knows, maybe they'll get together!
MaryaliceZ a bunch of us are meeting (cruise-critic) at 5 in the Seaview Cafe deck 12 and there are a few 17 year olds. 2 other girls I thnk. Come by if you can
Old 11-18-2006, 11:22 AM

After much research on booking shore excursion we booked through Shoretrips. We have never been on a cruise nor used Shoretrips but I have talked with the people at Shoretrips and they are very friendly and helpful. In Mo Bay, we are going on the Cat Man to Margaritville and in ohh what is is, either Cayman or Cozumel we are doing the thriller boat ride, jeez, I need to review what we are doing where.

Anyway, I am so excited to be going on this cruise.

It is our honeymoon cruise since we never really got to take a honeymoon and he was deployed for our first anniversary so no matter what, it is going to be great!
Old 11-18-2006, 12:50 PM

Wrain i recommend the Xcel-ha/tuulum excursion from coz. Xcel-ha is awesome for snorkleing and Tuullum is a fun Mayan Ruin trip

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, bay, excursion, montego