Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Can anyone advise how much more a JS is over a D-1 or D-2 balcony (average), and considering how much time you normally spend in your cabin, is it really worth the extra costs? There is just the two of us-we've had D-2 cabins on our past cruises, a were they were fine-just wondering if the extra room, is worth the extra cost.

Thanks y'all!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 PM

The price of a cabin is a supply and demand sort of thing. A "D" catagory cabins is the best you can buy before jumping to a JS. It could run you anywhere from $300 p.p. to $1,000+ p.p.. The JS is wider, has a walk-in closet, and it has a tub in the bathroom. I would think on an average you would pay around $800 to $1,000 for the two of you. I think you would enjoy spending that kind of money on something else.

Junior Suite

D-1

Hope this helps,

Sonny
Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM

When we booked our cruise it was exactly $800 more for the JS, and I believe worth every penny when you compare the pictures that Sonny has so kindly provided...
This is our first cruise and I wanted to be comfortable, since cruising was not my first choice of vacations (we're going with a group) and we always get an oceanview resort suite (no matter the cost...), I just couldn't see being crammed in a small room like that for 9 days, even if you're not in it much, you're still getting ready, relaxing etc.
Maybe it's truly not worth $800, but in my eyes it is and for my husband, it means I won't have to throw him overboard (JOKING!! haha) after a day for getting in my way.... :P
If they offer any upgrades, say to a GS, we may even do that too...I think our ship is sold out tho, so it doesn't look promising!
I will post some pics when we get back...I had a hard time finding JS pics....till our friend Sonny here!!
Thanks Sonny!!
Have a great week everyone!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks all!
I think I'm gonna agree with Sonny-I can find better things to spend the money on than a little more room and a tub-we've always thought that our D-1 or D-2 rooms were enough, and had plenty of room for our needs-I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part-kinda like "what would it be like, and is it worth it?"
I've seen the photos, and I don't think the room is worth the extra cash-
Appreciate the help, tho
Old 01-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Something else to consider - some friends of mine, who are Diamond+ members of C&A, mentioned some additional costs associated with a suite that you maybe be unaware of.

A few months ago they recevied a free upgrade from a balcony room to a suite. It seemed great, until they realized how much more in tips they would be handing out. Apparently you have addional staff dedicated to you, all of which expect tips. He claims to have spent $200 in tips (though I think he is a heavy tipper to begin with, so that may be a little high).

Personally, I've never had a suite. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny this.

Closed Thread

Tags
average, carnival, cost, costs, cruise, cruises, extra, room, stateroom