Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 12:46 PM

Sorry this took so long.

We had a BLAST!! Freedom is big. We were on deck 6..Room 6686 (balcony). Our stateroom attendant was GREAT!! I think his name is Sydney. Was extremely helpful in every aspect. If he saw us coming down hallway he would wait at our door and open it for us. (He got biggest tip)
At all elevators there was a "map" telling you where you are (red dot and weather you were forward or aft). PAY attention to that. One set of elevators are aft other set is forward. Make sure you get on correct elevator..Or will be taking senic(spelling) route..I guess only way to learn. I had to look at "map" almost every time. Certain places you may not go to on daily basis..Gym, spa, etc.
On elevator floor they put day what day of the week..I DID NOT like..Was on vacation I don't want to be reminded how many days left I had of vacation
Our 1st night we had the Mystery Dinner at Portifino's. We did NOT start there. They sent us to a different floor. This Mystery Dinner was acted out by ice skaters/dancers. When we finally made it up to Portifinos we were at table 7..NO VIEW at all of show. We had 2 ice skaters (they did not participate in show) sit with us. They never saw the show and wanted to see friends act it out. Everyone at table loved having them sit with us. Got to ask questions regarding life onboard. And they were helpful with questions regarding basic ship info. Food and show were great..A must do.
We did see ice show..I liked it, husband did not. Ice rink is very small compared to regular rink. So I think skaters are limited on what they can do ("stunts").
Another show we saw was a musical called Once upon a time. Was packed and a last minute decision on our art to attend, So we had to stand. Was very good.
We did see a comedy act..It was 2 guys (can't remember names)..Did play some music..guitar and keyboard..Was histerical..At one point I was crying cause I was laughing so hard.
Windjammer is big. So many buffets. Food was good there.
It was extremely windy on ship first few days. In fact one day my shirt flew up..No one was around. Did not get to do golf cause of wind. We did not do flow rider or rock climbing wall (Even more reason to go back)!!
Food at restraunts were amazing. Only issue I had was when we went to chops I was informed I could NOT get Sprite Zero with my soda package. Did not understand that at all.
Only issue my husband had with Portifino's (we went there twice) is they did not offer more Italian based food(s).
I did do a boxing lesson. VERY hard. You will sweat alot. Would do it again.
I also had a massage and manicure. Massage was great. They offered a $99 deal.
Oh ya we did go to Universal Studios before the cruise. I found out that England considers Halloween a holiday kids get a week off from school..I was so JEALOUS. So there were a lot more kids on board then what I expected.
If you go to the Cafe on the Promadonte(spelling) they offer free coffee against the wall. I did not know that..I asked for a "large regular coffee" and got an large expresso instead. Drank it anyway. I felt staff there was a little slow..Like they were in training.
There were 2 wedding on the ship (first day). Was nice to see bride and groom getting pictures done when boarding.
There is this one drink that I loved..Was called the Lovie Dovie..I think only served at poolside bars. Loved the glass it came in..Had to buy another drink just to get another glass. Drink was a mixuture of mangos, strawberries and rum. YUMMY!!!
In regards to kids activities on board, several times I heard parents stating kids "wanted 10 more minutes"..Taking that as good thing. No complaints about kids. Never heard or saw any kids throwing a fit or crying. Freedom kept them busy with activities.
IF I forgot to mention anything let me know..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Welcome home, Candice R Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry to hear it was so windy. It sounds like everything went well and you're ready to go again.

I feel the need for a cruise ticker in my signature and I'm sure you did too. We did the Murder Mystery on our cruise and loved it. We, too, had a bit of a hard time seeing, but it was a lot of fun.

Let us know what you decide on for your next cruise, I know there will be one
Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach pictures..Have them downloaded on computer but can't attach them.
I already looked for future cruises, but has to wait till 2012..RCCL only goes till Sept. 2012..Looking towards end Sept or October.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Candice

Welcome home! In order to post photos (if it's just a couple) you need to use a photosharing website. I use Webshots since it's free. Once you load the photos, click on the third image from the right, which is an image URL, and post the link to your picture there. If it's more than a couple pictures, you may need to use the URL button in the reply window (the third from the left) and link to a photo album in the photo sharing software.

This forum is supposed to have a photo album capability, but I'm having some problems. All I see when I go to create a photo album is the fields for "Album Name" and "Album Intro." After I click view changes, it states that there must be at least one image, but I can't figure out how to load images.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator

The photo album feature is broken. It doesn't matter much since it is really terrible anyway, even when it did work. We are looking at moving the forum to better software.

If you post photos at another website, and they are your photos, you can put them in a message here using the "Image URL" button which is the 3rd from the right. This loads the photo directly into the message so it is immediately viewable.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Thanks Dave. I was going to PM you asking what the problem was, since it looked like I had permission to create an album, but your above post answers my question.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:12 PM

Sounds like you had a great time Candice!! Makes me even more excited to go in October 2011! Thanks for sharing!

Majesty of the Seas - Jan. 2011
Majesty of the Seas - Feb. 2009
Sovereign of the Seas - Feb. 2008
Majesty of the Seas - Nov. 2007
Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Candice, thanks for sharing your cruise with us, sounds like it was a blast.
After our first RCI cruise, we to did not like to see the day each morning/evening as we entered the elevator reminding us that our cruise days were "sailing away" on us - & fast at that.

Peterl

Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 AM

Dave,

I sent you a PM, at least I think I did!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 11-21-2010, 04:36 PM

Great review Candice, sounds like you had a fav time...I laughed when I heard about your getting almost lost on the ship without directions, I can certainly picture that happening as it will be our first family cruise on Freedom next April. You didn't mention any excursions, did you do any? or did you just wander around on your own? If you went again, would you do Freedom again, or try another ship, just curious.
Mel

Closed Thread

Tags
6686, caribbean, carnival, cruise, curacao, dovie, drink, excursions, freedom, lovie, royal, seas