Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2005, 03:28 PM

I leave for my cruise on Sept 25, When should I recieve my documents? Will they have all the information that I will need in them. This will be our first cruise.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:47 PM

Chase!

We cruise most often on Royal Caribbean, and we usually have our cruise documents approximately two weeks before we sail. You should have your documents next week. If you do not have them by Monday September 13th, contact the agent that you booked with, be it a land-based agent or an online agent.

This is your first cruise. The documents et al should contain a great deal of necessary info, of course; but you have done the right thing in contacting outside sources of info such as this board. Continue to ask about anything that crosses your mind; and continue to search around the countless sources of other information in order to gather tidbits that you will find helpful.

CruiseClues.com and CruiseCritic.com are among the many sources out there in addition to our beloved CruiseReviews.com----

I wish that I were on your cruise with you! It is too long until our next cruise!!!!

Bon Voyage!

Lana
Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 PM

I agree with the above answer. When the documents come, the cruise becomes real for me. I get so excited.

Read everything carefully. Fill out all of the forms...they're not kidding when they say they're important. They will refer you to an internet site to fill out a form and I think they prefer you do that, but be sure and keep a hard copy in case anything goes wrong.

It helps to have all of your documentation close at hand when you check in. I put all our travel stuff in the little pouch they'll send your tickets in, passports, plane tickets, cruise tickets, etc.

You probably already know this but if you don't have a passport, make sure you have a certified copy of your birth certificate, not just a photocopy.

You are in for an amazing experience. I envy you that it's coming so soon.

Old 09-03-2005, 06:01 AM

Thank you for the great info. We are very excited about this cruise. It is the first time in 11 years that my husband and I will be vacationing without the kids. We are excited and nervous at the same time. We would hate for anything to go wrong as far as documents go.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:48 AM

Hi Chase,

I would also recommend the online check-in. That saves you much time when boarding and you have filled the forms online at home, where you you can your take your time to fill in everything correct.
You also get a form for your onbord-credit-account. Fill it in and give it to the service person at the counter. The last time, with all the preparations, it took only 15 minutes to check in and get on board of the ship.

Best wishes for your first cruise.
Marita

Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 AM

Quote:
I put all our travel stuff in the little pouch they'll send your tickets in, passports, plane tickets, cruise tickets, etc.
Royal Caribbean sends documents in a spiral bound book that includes your cruise ticket, general information, luggage tags, shore excursion information, etc. I find it helpful to paper clip any forms I've filled out to the inside of the front cover, and then put a rubber band around the whole thing. I keep passport in the same area, but not bound by rubber band or clip, because I need to reach those quickly when I'm checking in for my flight TO the cruise. Or, if it's easier, I keep the passport with the documents and then keep my driver's license with the pre-printed boarding passes for my flight.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
bound, caribbean, cruise, documents, fill, printed, royal, spiral