Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 AM

We are planning to fly to Miami the day before our cruise. I've read several suggestions to stay at the Holiday Inn near the port. However, I've found that the Hilton nearby offers a Snooze & Cruise Rate. It's a little pricier, but looks nice and would include transfers for 6 of us to the port. Has anyone ever stayed at the Hilton? Or have any other suggestions?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Administrator

It really depends on what you are willing to pay and what hotel amenities you want. Complimentary transfers are nice but they can sometimes be more trouble than they are worth if they are too popular. I've been at hotels where the transfers had so many people to move that I gave up and hired a taxi to the port, this because the wait was too long. I don't know how well the Miami Hilton does in this regard.

The Holiday Inn is pretty much at the port entrance, but I don't understand why people think being as close as possible to the pier is so important. It can be a detriment. I like to stay a little farther away where I am not competing with other cruisers for transportation. But that is me. Our last time in Miami we stayed in Coral Gables and were the only cruisers (from what I could tell) at our hotel. The bellman took our bags to the entrance, we got in a cab, and were at the ship in about 15-20 minutes.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks, Dave! We don't take big trips too often, and are probably willing to pay more than usual for a hotel in this case. My husband will be nervous about all the arrangements, so I want to be as thorough and prepared as possible.

Our children have never seen the ocean, so I didn't know how close the hotel would be to that also. It would be nice to be able to walk to it if possible.

Getting a cab may not be an easy option for 6 people unless we split up and take two cabs (which I'm not crazy about).

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, ccruise, cruise, fly, google, holiday, hotel, hotels, inn, miami, package, pre, royal, snooze, stay