Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:29 PM

My mother and I are thinking of taking either the 11-day Alaskan cruise (leaving from San Diego) or the 14-day Alaskan cruise (leaving from Vancouver). Interestingly the 11-day cruise is $100 more than the 14-day cruise.

Has anyone been on these cruises? I was just wondering what people thought of them. Thanks.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
The price is probably because of the distance from San Diego....

Either cruise will be spectacular...Do you fly back from Anchorage or take the ship back???
I don't know if the price includes your airfare or not which makes a BIG difference.....Either way, Alaska is just outstanding...I just came back from my third cruise up there....Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
The only way I would take the 11-day from San Diego over the 14-day is if I lived in or near San Diego. You are going to see much much more of Alaska on the 14-day.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:49 PM

Maureen, the 11 day from San Diego, (and I assume you mean Radiance) is very inexpensive. Interior staterooms start at $799 per person, with reduced rates for seniors, CA residents, and military. Additionally, it is in the Crown & Anchor current edition Member Savings, with $100 off per stateroom for interior and $200 off for ocean view and above. I am going on that sailing May 11. What 14 day sailing ar eyou talking about that could possibly be less than than for Alaska?
Ellie
Old 11-11-2008, 04:08 PM

Ellie, yes, that is the cruise I'm talking about.

I'm new to Crown and Anchor so I don't know much about it. Do they send out a magazine? Is that what you're referring to or something on the RC Web site?

The 14-day cruise starts in Vancouver and ends in San Diego. As it winds its way south, you stop in various Alaskan cities as well as Oregon, Seattle, and San Francisco. The cruise is in September and on the Serenade of the Seas.

For the reduced rates for seniors, do both people in the stateroom need to be seniors or can just one person get the discount?

The price I was referring to does not include airfare.

I checked out the Alaskan weather and May and September seem pretty comparable. I wish RC went on 11 or 14-day cruises to Alaska in June, July, or August, but it seems they're only doing 7-day cruises then and they pretty much stick to Alaska.

I am interested in San Diego because I can visit a couple friends there.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:08 AM

Maureen, only one person in the cabin needs to be a senior (I think it is over 55). Also, they offer resident discounts, not sure where you live. As far as the C & A, you do get coupons if you have cruised Royal Caribbean once before and have joined the Crown & Anchor society, and also can access the coupon online. If you have cruised with them before, but do not have a C & A number, just call the cruise line and I am sure they can take care of it for you. We are booked in an inside cabin, and with the coupon, discount, etc. our grand total is under $1800 for both of us for the 11 day cruise, and that includes fuel charge, which, if we are lucky, will turn into an onboard credit. Let me know if you decide to take this May cruise.
Ellie
Old 11-12-2008, 01:38 PM

Thanks Ellie.

I'm a memeber of C&A. I tried to add my mother to my account, but it wouldn't work. I guess she has to have her own C&A number.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:09 PM

Maurine, everyone has their own C&A number. My wife and I are diamond plus members and we each have different numbers, even though we have always cruised together.

Sonny
Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 AM

Okay. Thanks Sonny.

Closed Thread

Tags
1014, 11, 14, alaska, alaskan, alaskian, back, caribbean, cruise, cruises, day, diego, inclusive, reviews, royal, san, vs