Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2004, 07:42 PM

I am taking my 13 year old daughter on this cruise...If there are other single parents with kids...please let me know! I also would love to know about the Cozumel Catch the Wave Snorkel or the Undersea Bond adventure. This is our first cruise! Is there a good Teen center?
Anyone with answers...please let me know!
Thank you!
Nancy/Tova
Old 05-29-2004, 07:42 PM

I am taking my 13 year old daughter on this cruise...If there are other single parents with kids...please let me know! I also would love to know about the Cozumel Catch the Wave Snorkel or the Undersea Bond adventure. This is our first cruise! Is there a good Teen center?
Anyone with answers...please let me know!
Thank you!
Nancy/Tova
Old 06-04-2004, 06:19 AM

Just got back from 5-day Enchantment cruise and loved it. My daughter is 13 and she really liked the teen program. One catch, you have to want to meet new friends. On the first night they will have a teen "meet and greet" session - an absolute MUST for her to attend. She will feel really awkward going since she won't know anyone, but by the end of the session she will have a dozen new "best friends," I promise. My daughter was nervous going, but after that first session we never saw her again... not really, but she was very busy almost all of the time. She did kareoke night, disco night, pajama movie night, scavenger hunt, the "Quest" game - really fun, "hottie hunt" - also really fun, rock wall climbing, late night buffet runs, and miniature golf.

We saw lots of teens wandering around the ship, getting into trouble because they didn't participate in the program. She won't regret it if she just goes the first night. Also, get her a disposable camera of her own to take pictures of all her friends.

Book your excursions online at the RCCL site, they fill up fast and if you wait until you get on the ship there's no guarantee that you'll ge the excursion you want.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:09 PM

Thank you so much for the information! My daughter WANTS to be with other teens...am worried though about not knowing where she is! Should we get beepers?????
Overprotective??? you bet! ha....
Old 06-05-2004, 06:37 AM

Take a deep breath...relax...everything will be ok. What we did was brought some post-it-notes and used them in the cabin to write each other notes. Every night you will get the activities list for the next day and she will get her teen activities list for the next day. She'll tell you which activities she wants to go to - that takes care of some of the time. Then if she's going somewhere else have her leave you a post-it-note, that takes care of the other times. Yes, there will be times when you don't know where she is, but there's not far they can go and 99% of the time they are in groups. Teens always travel in groups. I was a little worried the first night, but after that I relaxed a bit. Just remind her not to mess around near the railings...it's a long swim home, and don't go into anyone's stateroom unless it's just a bunch of girls. You really will see her all around the ship quite a lot. Truthfully, my daughter came back to the cabin at night after we did. The teen program had lots of late night stuff going on. She loved the limited freedom and was very responsible. It will be ok. No need for beepers, it's so loud near the pool area and at the ativities that you'd never be able to hear anything anyway.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:49 AM

We cruised quite a bit with our son when he was younger. We found that arming him with a walkie talkie worked great. We presented it in the light that it would enable him to contact us. He used it frequently and I can't ever remember having to use it to find him. I think it is all in how you present the idea. Your daughter will have a blast.

Have a great cruise!
Old 06-08-2004, 09:06 AM

Check out cozumelhomes.com and they have dune buggy tours with lunch and snorkeling. Could be an option for you. Have a great time.

Closed Thread