Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 12:33 PM

We have cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and brougth liquor back on the ship after visiting ports. They put your purse through the conveyor belt detector. If it doesn't alert them to metals or such it just goes right on through. In my opion I want them to be looking for bombs and explosives, not booze. We often see search dogs at the dock before you re-enter the ship but they are sniffing for drugs and explosives. In the port of New Orleans we saw a guy carry on a case of beer in plain sight. That was a few years ago, but as I said I think they are more concerned with the metal detection. They did search our camera bag at one port and it had the same stuff in it as it had in all the other ports. I don't mind them searching through stuff, better we are all safe. If they would happen the retain the liquor so be it, but as of this year it hasn't been a problem.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:37 PM

I forgot to mention that in the Grand Caymans they will not let you leave the store with your alcohol. They have a law against carrying liquor in the streets. They send it out to your ship and it is returned to you at the end of your cruise and is all boxed and ready for travel.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean2011, carry, checked, cruise, cruises, liquor, luggage, policy, princess, ray, rci, royal, scanners, ships