Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2004, 10:06 AM

I know the official policy...how many of you have brought quantities of your own beverages on board and did you have any problems? I am not planning on bringing a whole lot but some for a cocktail or two before retiring for the evening. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:06 AM

I know the official policy...how many of you have brought quantities of your own beverages on board and did you have any problems? I am not planning on bringing a whole lot but some for a cocktail or two before retiring for the evening. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:39 AM

We were on the Sovereign a few weeks ago and carried a couple of bottles of wine and some liquor onboard in our carry on bags. As they went through the scanner, the attendant smiled at us and said, "have a nice cruise." Don't know if this was typical or not, but it worked for us.

Tanker
Old 02-11-2004, 10:46 AM

Just came home from a cruise on the Vision. When we boarded for the cruise, there were prominent signs indicating that liquor brought on board would be held until the cruise was over, then returned to the owner. I don't know how enforcement went (I'm a non-drinker).
Old 02-12-2004, 06:07 AM

That policy is just another way for the cruise lines to make money. We used to bring our own sodas on board and also wine and alcohol. Why do the cruise lines do this? Land based resorts don't. Whats next? We have to buy the cruise lines boxer shorts? Ha!
Old 02-17-2004, 10:36 AM

Run down to your local pharmacy and buy some empty cough syrup bottles. Ours were about 40 cents each for the extra-large ones at Walgreens. If you're not already friends with your pharmacist, they may look at you a little funny; but I guarantee you they'll remember you next time you come in to pick up your allergy meds! The cough syrup bottles have a great seal and can be packed in a suitcase without risk of leaking. Alcohol transported in carry-on bags is subject to being confiscated at the x-ray check-in point, but the cough syrup bottles can go in your checked luggage!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:59 PM

I asked this question several times at a different cruise community and was told that if it is in your checked luggage is fine, do not bring anything in your carry on, it could be confiscated, we are bringing some alcohol on board too.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:03 PM

Don't worry about getting different bottles, just pack it in your checked luggage and it will show up in your room. Don't put it in you carry on because they might go through it. I brought Crystal Light as a mixer. Get glasses from the cafeteria at lunch (they also have lemonade and fruit punch to use as mixers). It is too bad that they charge around 6 or 7 bucks for a drink on deck plus the gratuity. If they made it a little cheaper we wouldn't have to sneak it on board. We also have purchased alcohol while in port and brought it back on in my "huge" purse, no problem. Happy Sailing
Old 02-21-2004, 03:13 PM

We took two library wines from our vault on board through checked luggage--no problem. Had both served at dinners and one needed 1/2 day decanting. Again, no problem.
Waiter did not charge the corkage fee of $12 bottle (and I included that amount in addition to my generous tip for his overall superior service).
We also purchased three bottles and it went through security scanning but the waiter assigned to tag and receipt the bottles pending disembarkation was busily attempting to catch up on his leisure time and looked half-asleep (they overwork the crew horrendously on RCI, in my opinion).

Cruise travel is where friendships are made and memories are cherished
Old 02-21-2004, 08:59 PM

Daneen but if you buy alcohol in a port they don't keep it and give it to you at the end of your trip? What is it, they only check shopping bags? The don't check beach bags, purses, etc. don't you have to go through a check point before you board at every port? I'm just wondering how this works. Im also in another website's board and have been discussing this very heated topic

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean2011, carry, checked, cruise, cruises, liquor, luggage, policy, princess, ray, rci, royal, scanners, ships