Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 PM

We're leaving on the Sovereign on Aug 25th and have completed our "online sign in", printed our sail pass, and signed it. It says to just bring the sail pass and our photo IDs (passports)to the emberking pier and we'll be good to go.

But, I'm reading about "cruise documents" on this forum and am wondering if I still have to pick them up (from where?) or if there's still something yet to do. I thought we were done with the preliminaries and paperwork.

Waiting to go on our first cruise and want to be sure we've covered everything.

Thanks,
Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Your completed "Set Sail" pass is your cruise document(s). Just give it and your passports to the check-in desk, along with the credit card you listed when you did the on-line check-in. That is all they need or really want to see.

If you have luggage beyond carry-on bags, just have the porters on the pier put tags on them. You will need to have your cabin number so it can be written on the tags.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Thanks, Dave. I was getting a little worried about not doing everything required after seeing Tracy2011's post about just picking up her cruise documents. (I hadn't done that!)

I also remember reading something about luggage tags, but we already have our name tags on our bags. I guess we'll need "different" tags so that we can write our cabin number on them? Or, do we just not have any tags on them and let the pier porters do it all?

We're really trying to look like "experienced" cruisers...
Old 07-29-2008, 01:42 PM

I just received today my Doc Package with luggage tags for my Aug 31 cruise. I booked this Cruise with a TA but the Docs were sent direct form RCI. You should receive yours any day.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I guess we'll need "different" tags so that we can write our cabin number on them? Or, do we just not have any tags on them and let the pier porters do it all?
The luggage being checked with the porters has to have more detail than simply your own name tags. Actually, when using hard copy docs with RCI, they send pre-printed luggage tags with your name, cabin number, deck, etc., on them. However you may not get them with e-docs. E-docs usually have tags that you can print at home and staple on your luggage handles. Most people think these are useless since it is just printer paper. I used to think so too. However, on our just completed cruise I purposely checked a bag and used the tag I printed at home. I folded it per the instructions, stapled it together, and it made it to our cabin still attached to the suitcase. Please note that we drove to the ship and so the tag was not abused. I cannot recommend using the home-printed tags on baggage you then turn over to an airline for flights to the ship.

The fail-safe way is to just ask the porters to tag the bags. They won't accept your luggage unless it has a ship's tag on it. They will have blank cardboard tags that you can fill out. Put your name and cabin number on them.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Just to clarify - everyone is expected to check in on-line, regardless of the document style they have chosen. Some people still get hard copy docs, others chose e-docs, but that doesn't change the expectation to complete a Set Sail pass at the RCI website.

For some reason we got listed as hard copy people on our last RCI cruise, and hence we got a package mailed to us with luggage tags, cruise docs, etc. If we were listed as e-doc clients, we would have had all-electronic docs which would include the self-printed tags.

I think I am correct on the above. It can be confusing. Look for hard copy docs to totally vanish at some point. Sooner rather than later.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Yeah, I agree the hard copies will probably disappear soon. Everything is going to the internet. Glad to see your back Dave. Missed your posts the last week. Off again soon though you cruising fool.
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Off again soon though you cruising fool.
Well, as you may remember I was always a huge fan of being haze gray and underway.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM

Is there any other way.
RCCL Sovereign 3/08
RCCL Sovereign 10/08
RCCL Monarch 4/09
RCCL Navigator 3/10
RCCL Radiance 4/11
Carnival Dream 4/12
Carnival Glory 10/12
Carnival Fantasy 5/13
RCCL Allure 10/13

Need some cruise help?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there any other way.
Well, there is the "hoodster" technique of sleeping through the underway time, or the "jamie" technique of not realizing one is underway.

Closed Thread