Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Hey everyone, me and my wife are leaving on the Jewel of the Seas on Dec 1st and doing the Eastern Caribbean trip and we were wondering how do we book shore excursions once we get on the ship? Is it the same as Carnival where you book them through your television in your stateroom? Also, on Carnival.com you are able to click on links to each port and see what shore excursions are available. Is this possible anywhere because on Royal Caribbean's website you can't do this? I kinda want an idea of what I want to do before I get on the ship that way I can book it fairly quickly. Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 PM

You can view and book excursions on the RCI website. For your cruise tho, it is not possible as they say they are updating them. Will be available nearer time of your cruise.
Perhaps someone else might be able to give you more info as I haven't sailed on JOS before.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:15 PM

You can book them online in advance if you'd like, from their website. There will be an easy access link on your eDocs when they arrive closer to your sailing date. If you've paid your booking in full you can pre-register and do just about anything you'd like on thier site.

1. Go to www.royalcaribbean.com
2. Put you cursor over the center tab at the top row of tabs on the screen "Before You Board"
3. Click on "Online Registration"
4. Fill in the blanks and you'll be able to print your boarding pass (Set Sail Pass), even before your eDocs arrive.

If you're not paid in full, you'll have to wait. Once you've printed your pass you'll see the links for excursions.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the information. I did go back on their website and notice that they were in fact updating those shore excursions so I'm not for sure how long it will be before I can view them. I am paying for the cruise on Monday.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:04 AM

Hi,
I too am waiting for my excursions to become available for my cruise on October 20th, I wrote to RCL and they said excursions are not available to view and book for your specific itinerary until it is 3 months prior to sailing. I suggest you put in a date on the website within the next 3 months for your approriate ship and sailing to give you an idea of what might be available. Thats what we have done and we have selected 2-3 from each port just incase our first choice isn't available. We wanted to know sooner for making sure we had enough money saved for what we wanted to do.

HOpe you enjoy your cruise, I so want to be on mine now!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 AM

TRM,

We are on the Jewel for the Dec. 9 sailing and I spoke with Royal Caribbean about booking my excursions and they said they would not be available until some time in August, so I will just keep checking back until they pop up. I can't wait for this cruise, I just went on the Radiance in January and it was phenomenal. Have a great day.

Sandra

RCCL Radiance 1/07
CCL Sensation 10/07
RCCL Jewel 12/07
Disney Wonder 05/08
RCCL Navigator 12/1/08
RCCL Navigator 12/6/08
RCCL Independence 01/10
RCCL Oasis sometime in 2010
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TRM7050:
we were wondering how do we book shore excursions once we get on the ship?
Echoing what everyone else has said, after updating, you will find it easy to navigate the RCCL site and find the excursions. If, for some reason, you want to wait until you board the ship to book your excursions, just go to the Explorations desk on deck 4 by the lobby bar.

Closed Thread

Tags
book, booking, caribbean, carnival, conquest, cruise, disney, excursiions, excursions, royal, ship, shore, site, updating, web