Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 09:25 AM

since the beginning of july, it has been made illegal to smoke in public places in the UK. therfore, I belive that now all cruises leaving from Dover, Southampton or any other British ports will not permit smoking. Howver I cannot confirm this until I go on CCL Constellation in less than a fortnight's time. Hopefully, it will make a diffrence to the atmosphere

RCCL Legend of the Seas 2005
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2006
CCL Constellation 2007
Old 07-27-2007, 07:24 AM
I agree, smoking if on a ship should be in one area outside, well-ventilated. People should at least be considerate to not smoke in the cabins. At hotels we always ask for non-smoking rooms, ships you can't. So, if you want to smoke please just do it in a designated area.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 PM

I bet all of you cry babies would be the first ones to complain about all the higher tax you would pay if it was'nt for us smokers.Think about how much tax we pay.And for someone to say its a shame that people smoke in the first place.Thats like saying a heavy person should not eat as MUCH!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm against any limitations on personal freedoms. That includes all the smoking bans, helmet laws, firearms registration/regulation (on those without felony convictions/mental illness, etc.). No one has complained here about having a cabin that smells like an ashtray. They have very effective chemical treatments to remove it from being an issue aboard the ships. Discrimination seems to be okay against certain politically incorrect behavior. Remember the price some have paid for your benefit with regards to freedom. Giving it up in small incremental doses at the whim of the masses is still surrendering something fought long and hard to win and at great cost.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Well if no one here complained about their cabin smelling like an ashtray let me be the first to do so. I'm also against any limitations on personal freedoms but when it comes to having to occupy a cabin that just plain stinks, so I don't infringe upon someone's rights I draw the line. It was last year on an NCL ship & from what our cabin smelled like the former tenant must have smoked cigars in it all week. I quickly checked about 10 other open cabins in our immediate vicinity to see how they smelled & it was only ours that was contaminated. Although the ship was filled they were able to switch us into another clean cabin where someone didn't show up. Our original cabin was about as bad as it can get & their "chemical treatments" didn't seem to work at all. I really thankful that the cruise lines are finally doing something about the smoke problem as it's long overdue.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:17 PM

In thousands of cruise booking over the years I've recieved a total of two complains that were related to smoke odor in a cabin at check-in. I've had many about smoke related issues most due to dis-courteous people and smoking, but that's true of dis-courteous people in general whether soke related or not. Your unfortunate incident is a shame and happy to hear it was resolved. The fact remains it is not more than a very tiny number of isolated incidents that is resulting in an overzealous response in my opinion. I remain committed to defending your right to disagree and voice that disagreement. Another wonderful freedom we all enjoy.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fabrizio:
I bet all of you cry babies would be the first ones to complain about all the higher tax you would pay if it was'nt for us smokers.Think about how much tax we pay.And for someone to say its a shame that people smoke in the first place.Thats like saying a heavy person should not eat as MUCH!!!
Fabrizio, if you don't want be a "cry baby" about paying the tax on smoking material; just stop smoking.

Sonny
Old 08-25-2007, 04:34 PM

I being a smoker did not smoke in my stateroom by my choice and it is allowed because I checked with my attendent. If it wasn't allowed I would follow the rule. I smoke only in the designated areas. It seems that there is a lot of judging going on about how a smoker behaves and that we don't follow regulations. Well I do and I am sure there are plenty more just like me!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-25-2007, 04:47 PM

Valeries220- I'm sure there are a lot like you, and I for one, appreciate your attitude. Thank you.

Sonny
Old 08-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Maybe someone could invent some kind of a clear life-sized personal capsule of some sort that smokers could sit in and smoke 'till their hearts are content. That way, the smokers could happily inhale all the smoke their lungs could handle while the rest of us would not have to smell or be exposed to their smoke. BTW, I personally find it annoying to be on my balcony and smell smoke. I too retreat back into the cabin in those instances. Lawyers out there: Isn't waifting smoke some type of an infringement on cruise passengers use and reasonable expectation of enjoyment of the balcony they have paid a lot of money to lease for that week?

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, carriben, cruises, rccl, royal, smoking